ellicat

The MAROON`s did themselves proud 😃 Roll on Game 2 

ROUND 13

Friday, June 7

Rabbitohs v Knights

6pm at ANZ Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Wests Tigers v Raiders

7.55pm at Western Sydney Stadium (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

Saturday, June 8

Warriors v Storm

3pm at Mt Smart Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Sharks v Eels

5.30pm at Shark Park (FOX SPORTS)

Cowboys v Sea Eagles

7.35pm at 1300Smiles Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Sunday, June 9

Broncos v Titans

2pm at Suncorp Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Panthers v Roosters

4.05pm at Panthers Stadium (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

Monday, June 10

Bulldogs v Dragons

4pm at ANZ Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

ROUND 13 results

Friday, June 7

Rabbitohs 12 v 20 Knights

Knights and Pearce played well. The Bunnies hopping along restrained by their ‘unavailable to play’ list.

Wests Tigers 0 v 28 Raiders

Yeah, well. 28 – 0 ... says it all

Saturday, June 8

Warriors 10 v 32 Storm

origin time or not, the Storm keep on keeping on...

Sharks 42 v 22 Eels

The Sharks score tells it all!

Cowboys 20 v 22 Sea Eagles

This game changed with the shift of momentum, Manly had the last gain of momentum and the Cowboys were down to 12 on the field...

Sunday, June 9

Broncos 18 v 26 Titans

On paper, the Titans should be winning many games but they don`t... Beating an under strength Broncos side will not be a season changing event for them.

Panthers 19 v 10 Roosters

Maloney had a big game and Cleary and the Panthers played off Maloneys momentum, but in saying that the Roosters had a lot of key players out.

Monday, June 10

Bulldogs 12 v 36 Dragons

If the Dragons had decided to not to get on the team bus and forfeit this game, they would have still got the 2 points..........

ROUND 14

Thursday, June 13

Raiders v Sharks

7.50pm at GIO Stadium (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

Friday, June 14

Titans v Warriors

6pm at CBus Super Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Cowboys v Wests Tigers

7.55pm at 1300Smiles Stadium (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

Saturday, June 15

Storm v Knights

3pm at AAMI Park (FOX SPORTS)

Rabbitohs v Panthers

5.30pm at ANZ Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Eels v Broncos

7.35pm at Western Sydney Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Sunday, June 16

Sea Eagles v Dragons

2pm at Lottoland (FOX SPORTS)

Roosters v Bulldogs

4.05pm at TBA (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

On 11/06/2019 at 7:36 AM, Drop Bear said:

Sunday game for Origin? I thought they were all on Wednesdays. 

some times in 80/90`s some games got played on any day of the week, I think Friday and Saturday (now that Sunday is gone) are the only day a SOO game hasn`t been played.

Ch nine considers that they can attract a wider TV audience on a Sunday and therefore rake in more advertising revenue and the rugby league (clowns) 'powers that be' bent to their request

2 hours ago, Gad said:

some times in 80/90`s some games got played on any day of the week, I think Friday and Saturday (now that Sunday is gone) are the only day a SOO game hasn`t been played.

Ch nine considers that they can attract a wider TV audience on a Sunday and therefore rake in more advertising revenue and the rugby league (clowns) 'powers that be' bent to their request

I think it was also done as a way to shorten the total period that SOO takes/requires, so that it lessened the impact on the NRL season. Means there is a very short timeframe to prepare the team for Game 2, which just so happens to make me VERY happy (given we'll only be changing one player, have dominant halves and the 'other mob' are still deciding if they recall 'turnstile' Maloney or prodigious loser Mitchell Pearce ....... 🙂).

11 hours ago, Gad said:

Thanks for the info Gad

8 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

I think it was also done as a way to shorten the total period that SOO takes/requires, so that it lessened the impact on the NRL season. Means there is a very short timeframe to prepare the team for Game 2, which just so happens to make me VERY happy (given we'll only be changing one player, have dominant halves and the 'other mob' are still deciding if they recall 'turnstile' Maloney or prodigious loser Mitchell Pearce ....... 🙂).

That post made me smile. 

ROUND 14 results

Thursday, June 13

Raiders 22 v 20 Sharks

slow start, spilt early kicks, knock ons, mixed with some ill discipline by the Sharks was enough to allow the Raiders to win by a penalty goal after a hard fought game.

Friday, June 14

Titans 20 v 24 Warriors

hard fought game. Good to see both sides showing the ability they do possess.

in the last few minutes, serial ‘brain explosion’ Blair was lucky he didn`t cost his team a win again!

Cowboys 26 v 27 Wests Tigers

with the Cowboys down 18 – 0 at the 29th minute, the Tigers were helped with a few favourable ref decisions, a penalty try, a favourable 2 in a strip penalty and a successful third attempt golden point field goal shot, the Tigers held on to take the 2 points.

Saturday, June 15

Storm 34 v 4 Knights

6 in a row, then the Storm... D`oh!!!

Rabbitohs 18 v 19 Panthers

poor quality game, completion rates Panthers 71% Bunnies 61%... 76th minute- 18 all- Maloney pots a field goal and the Panthers get the 2 points

Eels 38 v 10 Broncos

hmmmm... now, I`m not saying the Broncos were not woeful but I do feel that at least half of the Eel`s team do need to be blood and urine tested, pregame- half time- post game, just to allay questions about their week to week performance levels!

Sunday, June 16

Sea Eagles 34 v 14 Dragons

Score says it all...

Puff the Magic Dragon didn`t take the team bus to play Manly by the sea!

Roosters 38 v 12 Bulldogs

Dawg gawn again....

Game II – Sunday 23 June, Perth Kick-off 8pm Qlder time (AEST)

Queenslanders: 

1 Qld team player change due to Jai Arrow`s ankle injury... Dylan Napa moves from the interchange and will start. Jarrod Wallace comes into team on the interchange for Napa`s starting move.

1. Kalyn Ponga  2. Corey Oates  3. Michael Morgan  4. Will Chambers  5. Dane Gagai  6. Cameron Munster  7. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)  8. Dylan Napa  9. Ben Hunt  10. Josh Papalii  11. Felise Kaufusi  12. Matt Gillett  13. Josh McGuire.  interchange:14. Moses Mbye  15. Jarrod Wallace  16. Tim Glasby  17. David Fifita

The other mob 

7 changes due to traditional ‘scapegoats must be found’ panic and ‘Freddy’ got it wrong.

James Tedesco, Blake Ferguson, Tom Trbojevic, Jack Wighton, Josh Addo-Carr, James Maloney, Nathan Cleary, Daniel Saifiti, Damien Cook, Paul Vaughan, Boyd Cordner (c), Tyson Frizell, Jake Trbojevic. Reserves: Dale Finucane, Tariq Sims, Cameron Murray, Wade Graham.

2 hours ago, ellicat said:

I can't believe they went for so many changes again. They never learn. Must say it looks like a well balanced side though. 🤔😟

We knew it was coming because this what the Blues have done for decades. How can you expect to get the team focus and culture when you chop and change like that. All those players are playing for their spot every game and not thinking about their team mates. Mitchell should feel hard done by, but what about Morris. He was such a weapon in game one in attack and defence and he gets replaced? Ferguson could be the best player on the field for Qld, or he could be a game breaker, but why take a chance like that when you are one nil down? Looks like the Blues are trying for a bit of physical intimidation but they have tried that before and come unstuck.  Go the Mighty Maroons! 

What do you guys think about the game being on a Sunday, and in Perth? 

All is not lost on Friday night and Saturday, some footy entertainment to fill in, the missing NRL week-end  as we look forward to 'The Maroons' clinching the series on Sunday evening

Friday 21 June

Women's State of Origin - Sydney

North Sydney Oval  Kick-off is at 7.45pm AEST   

Television: Nine network.

NZ v Tonga & Pacific Tests 

SAT 22 JUNE

New Zealand v Tonga

Mt Smart Stadium  Kick-off  3.40pm AEST

TV broadcast: Gem; Fox League

Fiji v Lebanon

Leichhardt Oval

Kick-off  5.40pm AEST   TV broadcast: Gem; Fox League

Samoa v Papua New Guinea

Leichhardt Oval

Kick-off is at 7.55pm AEST

TV broadcast: Gem; Fox League

On 17/06/2019 at 10:27 AM, ellicat said:

I can't believe they went for so many changes again. They never learn. Must say it looks like a well balanced side though. 🤔😟

Not sure why people are surprised to see so many changes. I've seen a lot of people comment that "they only lost by 4"

In all fairness, they were pretty lucky to lose by only 4. Queensland bombed a number of opportunities and dominated certain periods of play. Could have easily been 20+ point drumming.

SOO GAME 2 results  😭

Qld  6 v 38  NSW

RESPECT. the ‘other mob’ showed it, turning up desperate and prepared to play 80 minutes of attack and defence to win a game..

Across the paddock some Qlders thought they already had the series wrapped and only turned up for the kick off. That type of  mind-set doesn`t formulate just from the playing roster... any lack of respect, from head coach to team bus driver fosters it...

The only good thing in this game for Qld... in form Klemmer was out through injury and in form Pearce made himself unavaiable..