jhedrick

Good morning guys, 

I finished work this morning and have had a couple, but I'm thinking about taking my boat out and sleeping on it for the night tomorrow night. 

I've recently just brought an underwater light to attract bait/squid but I'm so torn on where to go. Last time I went out I hit up jacobs well and had a lot of success. 

I was thinking about doing the same again and testing out this new light, with the hope of a jew fish... But I'm also thinking I could go out tomorrow during the day and sleep in horse shoe bay but have my light on to attract squid near the western side rocks. 

Then once it hits an hour or two before high tide maybe hit up a reef or something. I don't know what is going well in the bay at the moment. All I know is that it's never as productive as I think it's going to be. 

Anyway I know the wind my be an issue at points but I suppose what I'm really after is someone to tell me where to go. 

High tide is during the night and just on sunrise so I probably need to figure out what I should do. I'm unsure where to catch live bait in the bay but I know plenty of places in jacobs well. 

All suggestions welcome guys. 

Hope everyone is having a good day 

Cheers

Jordan 

Horseshoe bay is very nice in a Northerly but there is not much fishing there. What sort of species are you targeting? 

There is a lot of reef around the south eastern side of Peel that holds good fish. pretty much anywhere from horseshoe to Goat island and around goat. Lots of fishing pressure in that area but if you are using live or really fresh bait you should do well. 

Lots of squid around but this wind will reduce your options. 

Good luck and enjoy yourself. 

Yeah I'm pretty unsure what to do. I think this wind is going to stuff me up but if I can hold on till the next morning it should be good fishing. I'm actually trying to target anything big.and tasty. 

Apparently there is some wreck in the bay I might check that out.... Or I might just go to jacobs well lol. Might just be easier 

9 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Jacobs Well would be the more logical option and the wind might help keep the mozzies/sandflies away. Plus if you throw some pots in you could get lucky with last weeks rain.

I was thinking about chasing some mud crabs but I only have limited freezer space and they aren't girls favourite food. I love them though. I definitely want to catch more cod that's for sure. So tasty

Archived