The Coffee Rock Grounds On The Eastern Side Of Moreton Island Just North Of South Passage.

Drop Bear

I was just reading about the coffee rock grounds on the eastern side of Moreton Island just north of South Passage.

It made me surprised that I have not heard anyone on here mention them or put up a report in the past few years. 

Is it a good place to go? Does anyone have much experience there? 

Anyone got some GPS marks they would like to share? 

I would like to look for an alternative spot when the Group is not working. 

Thanks

Mate you dont need marks just drive up the beach on a clear day and you can see the odd patch of rock. they get covered in sand from time to time and hold fish/are barren at other times like other areas. Bit of a steam from the Group but worth a look one day if its quiet. much more productive ground to the north east of the group

39 minutes ago, Andrew_P said:

Mate you dont need marks just drive up the beach on a clear day and you can see the odd patch of rock. they get covered in sand from time to time and hold fish/are barren at other times like other areas. Bit of a steam from the Group but worth a look one day if its quiet. much more productive ground to the north east of the group

North east of the group? Boat rock or further out? 

40 minutes ago, Andrew_P said:

Oh and I will  have a stab there next trip I reckon. Thanks for the tip. 

Archived