Whiting Fishing Report With Video

Angler1

Hi everyone

Video Link - https://youtu.be/IA43ko9I1u8 ( please sub if you enjoy the video ).

Thought I'd share a fishing report from the weekend. We launched from St Helens boat ramp. For bait we were using pippis and small strips of squid. We found some shallow weedy areas. Berleyed up. We had 2 rods each. One a simple running sinker rig and the other a whiting flasher rig. Once again, we caught plenty of good size whiting, a heap of undersize pinkies and some flathead.

A couple of weeks ago I posted a video catching plenty of whiting from around Corio Bay. Shortly after I received heaps of questions from followers, so I have put together a short video with some tips and to answer many of those questions whilst hitting the water and catching a few more.

Best Regards Alan from FishingMad

WhitingTN.jpg

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, The fessor said:

At that rate it wont have taken long to catch your collective bag limit.

I'd've been tempted to use a few as live bait for a big lizard , kingy , snapper or jewfish. Never know what's following that burley trail.

How do you rig your live squid? 

I've used live squid from a boat under bobbyfloat ( did this a Swansea Bridge , saw some kingfish swimming past and decided to try to catch one ) .

Similarly from the dykes along the river bank of the north arm of the Hunter (at Carrington) , live squid are deadly on the jewfish if you have live squid on hand ( the one's I used I caught insitu using a squid jig as they swam past ).

I simply used a size 8/0 stainless suicide to impale the tube farthest away from the head.  Careful doing this is the buggers are capable of giving your hand a nasty bite using their beak and they don't take kindly to being held and impaled.

22 hours ago, The fessor said:

I simply used a size 8/0 stainless suicide to impale the tube farthest away from the head.  Careful doing this is the buggers are capable of giving your hand a nasty bite using their beak and they don't take kindly to being held and impaled.

Thanks mate. 

Archived