Bait Release, Impact Clips Help

timbo2410

Hi all, back in Oz after 12 years away from fishing .. now I've been looking at these bait release systems to aid casting. I've actually bought several packets of Gemini genie rig systems and they are a fantastic little device .. but .. they are very limited on hook size. So to that end, I'm trying to look at other devices that are available. There are a number of sinkers on the market but they are advertised in the UK .. does anybody know of a supplier here in WA that sells them? I've also looked at the "imp2" but according to several forums/complaints, they cannot handle anything beyond 5oz sinker ... so i'm open to suggestions .. what's good, where to get them .. 

On 16/02/2019 at 1:57 PM, timbo2410 said:

Hi all, back in Oz after 12 years away from fishing .. now I've been looking at these bait release systems to aid casting. I've actually bought several packets of Gemini genie rig systems and they are a fantastic little device .. but .. they are very limited on hook size. So to that end, I'm trying to look at other devices that are available. There are a number of sinkers on the market but they are advertised in the UK .. does anybody know of a supplier here in WA that sells them? I've also looked at the "imp2" but according to several forums/complaints, they cannot handle anything beyond 5oz sinker ... so i'm open to suggestions .. what's good, where to get them .. 

Hey Timbo,

Welcome to the forum. I have never see or used a bait release system.

What are they and how do you use them? 

Archived