Hope Island/sanctuary Cove Fishing Spots

ilyb

Hey,

Can anyone let me know any good spots around the Sanctuary cove area? And can someone let me know if you are allowed to fish at the little lake at Jenny Park Place at the entrance of Sanctuary cove, I've seen some good sized jacks and mullet in there, but I don't know if you're allowed to fish there.

Thanks

16 hours ago, ilyb said:

Hey,

Can anyone let me know any good spots around the Sanctuary cove area? And can someone let me know if you are allowed to fish at the little lake at Jenny Park Place at the entrance of Sanctuary cove, I've seen some good sized jacks and mullet in there, but I don't know if you're allowed to fish there.

Thanks

G'day Ilyb,

Welcome to the Forum.

Sometimes it is better to ask forgiveness than permission... especially if you are Jack hunting. Perhaps that is bad advice on a public forum but a bit of fishing is hardly hurting anyone. They have pretty good security there so if you are not aloud they will soon let you know. They won't be able to give you a fine or anything and if you leave straight away when asked I cant see that they will care too much. 

I have fished the Coomera a lot when I was a kid... long time ago... There is surprisingly good fishing in and around the place. I used to look for deeper holes where the water pushes onto a wall or eddy backwaters. It has been so long I cant be more specific sorry. 

Good luck and post up some pics if you go 🙂

Hey IIyb welcome to the site. Check out a youtube channel called Fishing with Timmy Turtle. He lives in the area and does loads of fishing off of his home made boat (pic pipes and ply) then his home made skiff out of ply. He fishes loads of creeks in the area around the pontoons and bridges catches loads of species all over place mainly on soft plastics or hard bodies. Good luck and welcome! 

I only stumbled across Timmy Turtle last week, he's a bloody legend but he seems to mainly fish down south a bit further, more Currumbin area from what I can work out. I know he lives down that way. 

I was watching a YouTube video last night of someone fishing bear sanctuary cove somewhere getting harassed by security so I think most of those areas are private canals, unsure how much authority there is over it though. 

I'm hoping to get out in the Coomera on the kayak Saturday if conditions aren't too awful. I don't know enough to know how it'll effect the fishing but I'll be up near the weir end of Coomera river. 

Archived