Windy And Weedy

Little Grey Men

I stood casting into the breeze while watching the brave kayakers struggle passed me on their way across the dam. Would have been sketchy when the wind really got going. Most fish were taken on the edge once again with light lures zipped across the tops of the weed.

I'll tell you that the kayakers are making the fish a bit lure shy. Still plenty still in there though if you get creative with lure choices.

I did have one kayaker come over when he saw me fighting a fish and cast right near me, like there's a lack of places to cast in there. What a dingus !

P2091426.JPG

P2161431.JPG

P2161433.JPG

P2161451.JPG

P2161454.JPG

4 hours ago, Little Grey Men said:

Most fish were taken on the edge once again with light lures zipped across the tops of the weed.

Mate I am, as always, impressed by your selfie type photos. It is no accident that they look so good. Good on ya and thanks for the report. 

What sort of lures are you using? 

16 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Mate I am, as always, impressed by your selfie type photos. It is no accident that they look so good. Good on ya and thanks for the report. 

What sort of lures are you using? 

Thanks mate, I start off using a lightish plastic on a beetlespin. Pumpkin or watermelon Zman curly tails on a 1/6  or 1/4  ounce jighead. These are easy to swim across the weed. As the sun comes up they move out a bit and I switch to a Sebile Swim Shad on a beetlespin that once again swims over the weed. When it's full sun I tie on things like heavier lipless crankbaits and sometimes blades to get distance. In a few months I'll probably use something completley different.

1 hour ago, Little Grey Men said:

Thanks mate, I start off using a lightish plastic on a beetlespin. Pumpkin or watermelon Zman curly tails on a 1/6  or 1/4  ounce jighead. These are easy to swim across the weed. As the sun comes up they move out a bit and I switch to a Sebile Swim Shad on a beetlespin that once again swims over the weed. When it's full sun I tie on things like heavier lipless crankbaits and sometimes blades to get distance. In a few months I'll probably use something completley different.

Awesome info thanks. I have a few small beetlespins but have never used them. Will give them a go after this cyclone decides to bugger off. 

Archived