Moreton Bay Working Group Communique

Nog

Thanks Nog,

I love reading these. 

"All members strongly advocated for collaboration between agencies and governments to protect and rehabilitate Moreton Bay.  Members agreed that improvement in this area alone would make a significant contribution to maintaining the values of Moreton Bay. The working group recommended this issue be referred to the Expert Panel for advice on how best to advocate for change in this area."

Yew!! you are on the right track there mate. So glad to have read this. Shellfish reefs are the go. I see it as replanting an old mine site.

"Advocating for habitat protection and rehabilitation"

NICE. 

I note that there are 6 commercial representatives (including retailer) in the group and only 3 recreational anglers. Seems an imbalance especially if you consider the number of Bay users. 

Hey Drop Bear.

There are four commercial fisherman, a retailer and a charter operator. There are four rec representatives, a conservation rep, two QYAC reps and a science guy.  I reckon it's a pretty even spread myself, but yes the rec sector is a large economic proportion, and also a large ecological impact to boot.

I'm just there for the GPS marks myself:)

Norm

P.S.  the shellfish reefs were mentioned as a positive  🙂

Archived