I Haven't Had A C$#% All Night Drinkstable....

Drop Bear

1 hour ago, Luvit said:

Never trust someone that doesn’t drink.😏

5000 Posts congratulations Kel. 

I only drink Wild Turkey Honey and will accept a bottle as a public apology from you😂

Cheers mate - points actually, but I'll take the complement 🙂   

I'll get started on that bottle this weekend (my belated 40th birthday party ...) and let you know when you can pick up the 'bottle' .......... 🤣

23 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

I'll get started on that bottle this weekend (my belated 40th birthday party ...) and let you know when you can pick up the 'bottle' .......... 🤣

Compliment 😂

Complement with an e is the older of the two terms. Its noun sense has been around in English since the 1300s. The term derives from the Latin complēmentum, meaning “something that completes.” If something complements something else, it completes it, enhances it, or makes it perfect. A shirt can complement the color of someone’s eyes, or a wine can complement a meal. When we talk about complementary angles, or complementary colors, we’re evoking this sense of complement. Complementary angles are two angles that add up to produce a 90° angle. Complementary colors are colors that are directly across each other on the color wheel, and which enhance one another by their contrast, such as red and green, purple and yellow, and blue and orange.

Compliment with an i dates from the mid-1600s. It came to English from the Spanish cumplimiento, by way of Italian and French. Compliment ultimately derives from the same Latin root as complement, complēmentum, which accounts for some of the early overlap in meaning. The noun compliment means “an expression of praise, commendation, or admiration,” and the verb means, “to praise or express admiration for someone.” You can pay someone a compliment, or compliment someone on a job well done. People sometimes use the phrase “compliments to the chef” after enjoying a good meal. Something that is complimentary is free, for examples, airlines offer 

Get with the times.

Here is an English lesson for you Kel, along with the many fishing lessons you have been given. 😛

On 22/02/2019 at 1:59 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

Nice one mate. Happy 40th!!!!! I have a 50th this year... well this week...

Archived