Towknee

Hi fellow fisherman,

Finally took the plunge and bought a boat last weekend a 4.8m open tinny with a 60hp 4 stroke. So looking forward to exploring the bay chasing mackerel, tailor and some snapper.

Grew up spending all my fishing time in Pumicestone Passage, so the bay is new and enjoy reading reports and topics on this forum. As I get back into fishing looking forward to also contributing. 

Cheers,

Towknee 

On 22/02/2019 at 10:03 PM, Towknee said:

Hi fellow fisherman,

Finally took the plunge and bought a boat last weekend a 4.8m open tinny with a 60hp 4 stroke. So looking forward to exploring the bay chasing mackerel, tailor and some snapper.

Grew up spending all my fishing time in Pumicestone Passage, so the bay is new and enjoy reading reports and topics on this forum. As I get back into fishing looking forward to also contributing. 

Cheers,

Towknee 

Hey Towknee. Welcome to the forum. congratulations on the boat! sounds like a cracker of a boat. What brand did you get?

I look forward to you posting up some reports 🙂

On 23/02/2019 at 1:35 PM, Towknee said:

Thanks for the welcome messages.

Bought the kids lifejacketsband a few things today. Just need to wait for the weather! 

When can you expect Tailor in the northern part of the bay? 

Replying as no one else has. The Tailor normally hit the beaches from around May but changes year to year. I am not sure about Northern Moreton Bay. There are plenty of school macs and the odd spotty mac to be targeted while you wait. 

It’s a second hand boat. 480 Outsider Stessco, fitted the budget and has the high sides to suit the young kids.

its been so long since I’ve done some serious fishing, I’m pretty excited. 

cant wait to explore the bay, will keep you updated on the trips once I get out🙂

Archived