A Week At 1770 Sept/oct

tugger

1 hour ago, tugger said:

A few of us are heading up to 1770 for a week during the school holidays starting from Saturday the 28th of September to Saturday the 5th of October. We have booked a house for the week and will be fishing the close and wider reefs depending on the weather.

If anyone is interested in coming up and getting a house or just heading straight out to the reefs fishing post here and we can plan our trip on this thread. So far we have 2 boats and crew going with a few more boys to get back to me.

This time of year is quite stable with the weather and we hope to get out to the wider reefs chasing red emperor, coral trout, red throat emperor, cod, etc.

Sounds too good to miss. I will throw my hat in the ring for a decky spot. It is a long way out and I don't know what my work commitments will be then but I would love to go. 

Just got a new rod and reel set up for 1770 with my wife and daughter coming I want to see them pull some big red fish. Got a shimano tyrnos 16 I will load with 40lb braid on a Gary Howard g force extreme 30 to 40lb action.

This feels like a perfect balance outfit can't wait to see it used in anger.

11 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Very, very similar to my combo Mark although I think I have 50lb braid on it. It's on a Gary Howard custom rod. You've just reminded me I need to contact my brothers - work is taking up too many of my brain cells ATM ....

I got a few of Gary's rods they are my favourite set ups lately , kelvin let me know if you're looking for accommodation I have checked some out that are ideal for parking the boats and cheaper than most up there.

On 04/03/2019 at 6:14 PM, tugger said:

Just got a new rod and reel set up for 1770 with my wife and daughter coming I want to see them pull some big red fish. Got a shimano tyrnos 16 I will load with 40lb braid on a Gary Howard g force extreme 30 to 40lb action.

This feels like a perfect balance outfit can't wait to see it used in anger.

Sounds like a beast! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/03/2019 at 2:38 PM, jhedrick said:

So I may be a bit behind the 8 ball but where is 1770? Is it a reef? 

Use the search function on the site here and 1770 should bring up plenty of reports. The town is a great launch point to good fishing close in and the bunker group which is the southern end of the great barrier reef. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, tugger said:

Have you had a chat to your brothers yet

Michael is keen Mark - need to check with my brother Danny who lives in Gracemere but will depend on his work. Also need to talk Dad into it ........ I would say if we do go we'll wait and pick a weather window closer to the time and just come up for 2-3 days. Will touch base regarding this closer to the time - thanks for the reminder 🙂 

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, tugger said:

I will keep in touch as we get closer Brad I reckon your keen to see some more red fish in your boat soon

yes its been a while if we get weather like the last time i was there be great up there for 2 weeks with 9 days on the reef i think it was,julian heading up i think the guys from ausfish and auscrab will be there the fortnight before

On 30/06/2019 at 11:49 AM, straddiebrad said:

yes its been a while if we get weather like the last time i was there be great up there for 2 weeks with 9 days on the reef i think it was,julian heading up i think the guys from ausfish and auscrab will be there the fortnight before

Yeah I am going up during the school holidays so my daughter can come up with the misses