A Week At 1770 Sept/oct

tugger

On 07/07/2019 at 6:14 PM, Ed. said:

Thanks Drop Bear, but I am already a member of Ausfish, is that different to "OzFish"? That wouldn't surprise me as there have been a few fights in that forum, I suppose like most forums, some people just can't get along.

Yep totally diferent. 

Ausfish is just the forum.

OzFish Unlimited is a organisation made up with recreational fishers that want to restore fish habitat. 

There are chapters all over Australia. Here in Moreton Bay we are focusing on Shellfish Reef Restoration. 

Find out more at

www.ozfishmoretonbay.org

Join up its awesome. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tugger said:

Just on 2 months away now till we get up to 1770 will have to tune up all my terminal tackle again. I like 8/0 true turn hooks in a double gang with a swivel in between. Will be visiting the tackle store this week then ganging up hooks at home.

I might have a boat to take up. More on that soon. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just a month away now and we visited the town last weekend for a prefish for this trip learning a few new things we can put to the test next month. Stayed at our accomadation as well , fantastic set up for the fisherman and we will look at doing this trip anually. Looking forward to getting up there again with a great crew so far we have 12 confirmed going with 4 boats. 

Just now, Drop Bear said:

haha sorry mate. I am heading to Hamilton on Saturday so cant justify 2 big trips in a month. 

That is a very poor excuse Robbie, lol.

In the past 3 weeks I have just done 2 days off Fraser, a day off Point Lookout, 5 days at 1770 and tomorrow going wide again for another 2 days deep dropping.

You young blokes need to get your acts together, lol 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, aussie123 said:

That is a very poor excuse Robbie, lol.

In the past 3 weeks I have just done 2 days off Fraser, a day off Point Lookout, 5 days at 1770 and tomorrow going wide again for another 2 days deep dropping.

You young blokes need to get your acts together, lol 😂😂😂

haha yep fair enough. The rods don't catch anything in the garage. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/09/2019 at 1:15 PM, tugger said:

3 weeks to go now got the game plan sorted excellent weather we are hitting the outer reefs, average weather it is pelagic fishing and if it's blowing the dog off the chain we are hitting the creeks crabing and fishing in the little boats.

Sounds like a solid plan mate. I hope the weather gives you what you are after. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, jon said:

Hope you guys have a great trip, that property looks awesome good to have somewhere to come back and recharge inbewteeen big reef trips. What day are you guys heading up? I mite see you out in the reef I’m gonna go up Friday Saturday Sunday if this weather holds

Going up Friday now and fishing Saturday onwards

I would have loved to come and joined you guys up there but I am getting some work done on my motor and unfortunately I do not have the time to check it out locally on the water after it's finished to ensure everything has been fixed and no more gremlins are lurking. One thing I never do is go on a road trip without checking that I don't have a problem and just drive hundreds of kilometers, only to have to come back and to get more repairs done.

So I will just have to sulk and read about all the fish you guys are catching.😢

58 minutes ago, Ed. said:

I would have loved to come and joined you guys up there but I am getting some work done on my motor and unfortunately I do not have the time to check it out locally on the water after it's finished to ensure everything has been fixed and no more gremlins are lurking. One thing I never do is go on a road trip only to find out that I still have a problem and have just driven hundreds of kilometers only to have to come back and to get more repairs done.

Good call. I did this once at 1770 years ago. GPS was not working properly and I had a block in one of the carbies so couldn't plane. Long way to drag a boat for no fishing. 

4 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Good call. I did this once at 1770 years ago. GPS was not working properly and I had a block in one of the carbies so couldn't plane. Long way to drag a boat for no fishing. 

Yep, know the story well, last weekend all the stars aligned, perfect weather, tides right, missus wasn't working, seas flat, filled up with fuel, ice and bait, launched the boat and couldn't get out of the hole, wouldn't plane, so limped back to the ramp and off to get it repaired, should get it back on Friday. Turns out It's developed a faulty injector and also had a bad sensor or loose wire on the compressor.

Previously took a 26ft Scarab up from home to Roslyn Bay, put it in the water, went about 100m next morning on the way to the fueling dock and the computer chip died, towed back to the berth, waited 3 days for a mechanic to arrive to make his diagnoses, estimating 6 weeks for a replacement part, so again towed back to ramp, onto trailer and back home, waste of holidays! Haven't had much luck with Mercury/Mercruiser motors.

These things do happen when you own a boat so now I make sure that I test it out before a long road trip.

So as I said before, I will just stare at my fishing rods and drool over the pics of the guys catching fish! 😢

10 hours ago, Ed. said:

I would have loved to come and joined you guys up there but I am getting some work done on my motor and unfortunately I do not have the time to check it out locally on the water after it's finished to ensure everything has been fixed and no more gremlins are lurking. One thing I never do is go on a road trip without checking that I don't have a problem and just drive hundreds of kilometers, only to have to come back and to get more repairs done.

The 1 thing you can count on here is there is always another trip we will organise

9 hours ago, jon said:

I’m gonna leave brissy around midnight tomorrow and stay out there Friday and Saturday night and come back Sunday I’m so pumped for this I haven’t been up there for so long. I hope everyone else that is heading up has a cracker, good luck !!

Good luck to See we may see you up there Saturday or Sunday