Question About Drainage

Old Dealtry

Hi there I am new to this forum, so please be gentle 🙂

I have a 1977 16 foot Dealtry Half Cabin, pushed around by a early 1980's 75hp Mercury 2 stroke.

On the back of the boat there are 2 drain holes side by side, after being out on the water I remove the plugs only one of these drains water, even when washing the boat andflushing water to clear any blockages water only comes out of one of the drains. Is this normal? If not how do I go about rectifying this? Thanks in advance.

Hey mate, do you have a kill tank in the floor of your boat? It may be seperate drainage for a separate sealed chamber on your boat. If not, do you have access to the bilge area, a quick visual should show what’s going on

On 02/03/2019 at 12:44 PM, Old Dealtry said:

Hi there I am new to this forum, so please be gentle 🙂

I have a 1977 16 foot Dealtry Half Cabin, pushed around by a early 1980's 75hp Mercury 2 stroke.

On the back of the boat there are 2 drain holes side by side, after being out on the water I remove the plugs only one of these drains water, even when washing the boat andflushing water to clear any blockages water only comes out of one of the drains. Is this normal? If not how do I go about rectifying this? Thanks in advance.

How did you go? Did you work it out? 

Archived