G'day, thought I would say hello to the fellow fishers out there. I am new to QLD, moved to bribie island about 4 months ago. I fish landbased mostly with plastics, have had some good bream flathead and sweeplip. Been targeting jacks at night but no luck so far, some bust offs, and big pike eels. Hopeflly have a boat soon, to chase larger prey with spear and rod,

cheers

kris

Yep keen as,

I havn't fished out of a kyak for ages, but there heaps of fun. I would like the company as all my fishing adventures are mostly solo. That is except when I take my twin girls (17months)and dog fishing down the road for garfish. Drop us a line (0410001189)or email, that would be great, where do you normally fish?

fishsurfdive- gday mate and welcome to the site!..i live in ningi so i fish bribie a fair bit as its real close...i hope to do a bit of bait gathering off the jetty and other spots hopefully this week or at least before the classic in december...when i get my leave pass to do so il give ya a bell on ya mobile...and when me and angus go yakkin up that way ya should come along too..its always a good day out yakkin that part of the southeast.:) ...where do you chase your gar?..mouth of the canals?

I have a few gar spots but mostly down the road at wrights creek, you get them on the run in tide. Sometimes they are also in the little feeder stream nearby that runs into the canal, where the pedestrian bridge is. I can usually go down and get 10-15 gar in a sitting with a rod, float and small hooks. Its fun there good bait and also tasty. But a cast net would also be effective. I was down a wrights creek last week and the gar school out further got blasted by something huge. I quickly tied on a lure and casted but no hits.

Archived