Drop Bear

Put Up Your Good Old Photos

9 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

I turned my head sideways 3 times before coming to the conclusion neither of the guys were you back in the day Robbie ........ HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY FOR LAST SATURDAY BY THE WAY  

Thanks mate. No I took the photo and caught most of the fish.

Please login or register to view this image

21 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

I turned my head sideways 3 times before coming to the conclusion neither of the guys were you back in the day Robbie ........ HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY FOR LAST SATURDAY BY THE WAY

Happy belated birthday Robbie! 

This is me and my mate Brett when were 18.  I'm on the right being sun smart with a tank top on and a long sleeve shirt over the top. Trend setter.

This is the same mate that I went to the Kimberly with 2 years ago and we are going again this August, 30 plus years on.

Fishing out of a 12ft tinnie using the paddle as our depth sounder. After we had pushed the boat over 200 meters of mud at low tide at Grantville Victoria.

18 again and one of our favourite places to fish was the Goulburn river at Thornton Victoria chasing trout. Brett on the left and me on right with a 3lb Redfin from Lake Glen Maggie.

Ahh the memories

Please login or register to view this attachment

Not many pre-digital age photos.

Captain B at 19

A couple of nice Spotted Hinde

1966 with my Tigers hat on.

Early 2000s and after a long session (on beer).

2009 SoO with Angus.

Early 2000s. Little whaler.

When I was a practicing accountant.

It's funny that when I think back of people I knew when I was younger I still expect them to be as I remember them.  But when I've only known someone from an older age and the younger photos come it is like a different person I never knew. Thanks for Sharing Brian.

5 minutes ago, ellicat said:

When I was a practicing accountant.

2 sharks together.

46 minutes ago, Luvit said:

It's funny that when I think back of people I knew when I was younger I still expect them to be as I remember them.  But when I've only known someone from an older age and the younger photos come it is like a different person I never knew. 

Well done Wayne - very polite way of letting the poor old bu99er know that he's aged disgracefully and looks nothing like he did back in his hey-day .......

(Although I did notice he'd lost 7kg when I saw him last weekend - looking good ).

Brian and @Angus - I'm tipping that Jim Beam bottle didn't last real long .......

kids - this is what chocolate and giving up drinking will do to you...  don't follow @ellicat - give up the cherry ripes and keep on the beers! 

Furtherst back my records go without serious digging and scanning is 2012... a little more hair on the face these days.

Decent Brisbane River lizard 

First jack caught on my old kayak, also my first in SEQ.