Nrl Season Predictions

kmcrosby78

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:01 PM, ellicat said:

Can't see them making the 8. I did have them in contention for the spoon though. Hope I'm way off but there's a few things I don't like about the team. 😞

Ellicat we need to have faith in our tigers that they will try this year. I watched two of the trial games and they were looking good for most of the games....... Hopefully there are a few good games in a row this season to scrape the eight......

2 hours ago, ellicat said:

I thought they looked ordinary in the trial game. No fluency in attack, the same as last year. Short wingers that can't defend. Matulino and Packer looking old. I certainly hope I'm wrong and they can conjure up a good season. I've tipped them against Manly this week.

I may have had a few lagers before watching so perhaps I was judgement was off a little............ Opps!

19 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

Righto, after at least 10 minutes consideration here is my top 8 for 2019:

Drum roll please...................

1. Roosters

2. Broncos

3. Bunnies

4. Storm

5.Titans

6. Knights

7. Raiders

8. Cowboys

Broncos to win the GF 

And it gives me great pleasure to put Manly at the bottom of the heap.

titans and raiders in top 8?  No chance... 

2 hours ago, benno573 said:

titans and raiders in top 8?  No chance... 

Titans had a great season last year but lost a heap of games by a couple off points and had a bad run with injuries. Wouldn’t need to be a big turnaround to have them in the mix in September.

Guess I should probably have a turn at getting it completely wrong too ......... :frantics:

Premiers - Broncos (my head said Roosters, but I don't like listening to myself ........ 🙂)

Spoon - Maaaaaannnnnnnnnnlllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 🙂 

Top 8:

Roosters

Rabbitohs

Broncos

Panthers

Storm

Cowboys

Dragons

Titans

Origin - 2-1 to Qld (after winning the first 2 🙂)

Dally M - Ponga

18 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Titans had a great season last year but lost a heap of games by a couple off points and had a bad run with injuries. Wouldn’t need to be a big turnaround to have them in the mix in September.

I disagree wholeheartedly with stats to back up...

image.png.04de9965a9cbdffaa8efed4943de5503.png

only two wins from the wooden spoon does not an awesome year make in my eyes - if so the Lions are going awesome in the other code! 🤣 

but seriously though - i really hope the titans do much better than last year - as @ellicat has said their forward pack is awesome but i just can't see them doing enough damage on the scoreboard.  I do really hope ash taylor fires up big time though, his creativity in origin would be great in years to come if he hits his straps.  that and they have the word tit in their name which makes me smile.

gives us all something to do and talk about this coming weekend anyway while the rain tumbles down! 

46 minutes ago, benno573 said:

I disagree wholeheartedly with stats to back up...

image.png.04de9965a9cbdffaa8efed4943de5503.png

only two wins from the wooden spoon does not an awesome year make in my eyes - if so the Lions are going awesome in the other code! 🤣 

but seriously though - i really hope the titans do much better than last year - as @ellicat has said their forward pack is awesome but i just can't see them doing enough damage on the scoreboard.  I do really hope ash taylor fires up big time though, his creativity in origin would be great in years to come if he hits his straps.  that and they have the word tit in their name which makes me smile.

gives us all something to do and talk about this coming weekend anyway while the rain tumbles down! 

Your points are well made @benno573, but I think they are one team that played a lot better than the stats would indicate. They lost 4 games by 2 points or less. If they had managed to win those they would have been just outside the 8 at finals time or maybe even scraping in because 4 teams would have lost 2 points and the Titans would have gained 8 points.  Of course if your Aunty was your uncle etc etc. 

Did you notice that on Fox the abbreviation in the on-screen scoring for them used to be Tits, then it changed to GCT? Very funny.

Anyway, this is the best day of the year and a good dumping of rain over the weekend would be a bonus.  Bring it on!

Storms new fullback looks the goods! How good is the young Kiwi Smith...... Broncs looked good but the big fells looked a bit tired quickly.... Nikorima had a great game but I didn't think Milf did much........ Bunnies looked awesome in their game so did Warriors and Knights..... I LOVE NRL! Glad the Refs are letting the players play the game and not blowing 10000000000 penalties! 

• 4 weeks later...