Daiwa Sensor Surf

Pierce Lim

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/03/2019 at 1:55 PM, Pierce Lim said:

Hi,

Is there any different between the OLD Sensor Surf IZM comparing the the NEW Sensor Surf (2018)?  The only thing i can see different is the shrink tube different pattern.  Thanks.

I don't know sorry. I have never fished in the Surf with and overhead reel. Way too much sand and salt for me but I am lazy with my gear. Alveys are my go to on the beach.  

20 hours ago, Pierce Lim said:

I should have learn to use Alvey when I was in Perth many years ago.

They are pretty easy to work out. I love using them. Playing a big fish is a lot of fun. When they run you have to palm the reel as they don't have drags... well the ones I have don't. They are pretty expensive new now but there are always heaps of second hand ones for sale. 

Yes, I saw many anglers use them for surf in Perth as well.  May be because of the "old school" style that why I never go and learn how to use one (which I feel very regret now).

Yes, Alvey now are getting more and more expensive but the design and getting better comparing to 20 years ago especially the Elite and PowerCatch series.

36 minutes ago, Pierce Lim said:

Yes, I saw many anglers use them for surf in Perth as well.  May be because of the "old school" style that why I never go and learn how to use one (which I feel very regret now).

Yes, Alvey now are getting more and more expensive but the design and getting better comparing to 20 years ago especially the Elite and PowerCatch series.

Yep they are awesome reels. 

Archived