NPD 20/3/19

rayke1938

Another good one yesterday apart from getting wet feet due to my ******** decky leaving the bung out . I was too busy gassbagging at ramp to a couple of newbies in a hobie cat with a leccy on the back. Gave them a few shrimp to start with and saw that they caught a few fish when I came back in.☹️🤬. Did not notice it for around 15 minutes until I pulled the first pot when there was an inch of water over the floorboards. Took around 10 minutes for both bilge pumps to clear it. I had used a couple of forkies as redclaw bait last trip and they worked well so will keep any in future instead of just donging them on the head.
Did a bit of exploring around the no1 fad and picked up 3 bass there. They were not schooling on the fads but just cruising around around them.
Nothing at first at a couple of normal spots but found a school of mixed fish from 20cm to 40 odd in 35 feet of water towards the far marker. Nothing doing at the far marker but the chippys ( Birds) that had their nests burrowed into the bank were not happy as their nests were submerged.
Plenty of bass on the floats on the way back to the ramp despite there being nothing there earlier. Owen was at the ramp just launching his new rig to try out his twin stern motor set up so I culled my redclaw and gave him all the smalls.

46 bass ( Around 16 under) and one yella.

Decky is still suffering from toungelashing as I write this.

Cheers

Ray

IMG_1410.JPG

IMG_1411.JPG

IMG_1412.JPG

IMG_1405.JPG

IMG_1406.JPG

IMG_1407.JPG

IMG_1409.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Glad you got home safe despite the bung mix up. 

We used to have an old Seafarer Viking that had 3 bung holes. One time the decky put the bung in... I didn't realise until the fuel tank was full of water. Back then the bleeder hose was under the deck... I know, very bad idea for lots of reasons. 

Glad you are still getting a stack of redclaw. They have been very consistent. 

Archived