Fishing In Florida With Better Tackle

Better Tackle

Caught up with a mate of mine while I was overseas and he asked if the rigs I make would work off-shore in Florida.

Since we are only a small hobby business and are not an actual online tackle store and a manufacturing business we did not really have much funds for advertising as Better Tackle is a labor of love not profit. ( Our whole business model is to make better rigs then you can make yourself or get from the big name companies that sell similar pre-made rigs).

So I sent him home with a few of our rigs and mentioned that the Cherry bomb and the Irish Eyes as well as the Blue Sunrise are my personal favs for reef fishing.

He sent me back this picture of the biggest trigger fish he has ever caught in 40 years fishing and was super impressed.  Which I was shocked how impressed he was as he knows me and knows that if I make something or put my name to it ifs bloody good but I am also aware there is a lot of similar poorly made stuff out there so many people are standoffish with our gear. ( which is fair enough but sigh, does make things hard when you are trying to promote yourself.)

What he was most impressed about was he just rolled the rig back onto our unique rapid release winding boards for the next trip.

But check out this trigger fish. Its a bloody beauty.

Tight lines guys Josh from Better Tackle

oh and coincidentally the 20% discount I have done up for members here is still available . The code is Aussiefishing,   Just add that at check out as I like to give back to a community I enjoy being part of.

Hope you are all wetting a line this weekend or wetting your thirst or both, as I am want to do myself.

trigger fish florida better tackle.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

nice fish. I have only caught small ones. There were heaps in Fiji. They destroyed the plastics. 

Mate later on this year we are thinking of heading to either Fiji or maybe Thailand if funds do not go our way for a charter and holiday to shoot some vids for our gear.  I have heard the Fiji charters are amazing.  

The flashers work just as well as the plastics IMO and I am a lazy fisherman that so they suit me better hahaha. 

Would you recommend the fiji trip and do you have any recommendations?

11 hours ago, Better Tackle said:

Mate later on this year we are thinking of heading to either Fiji or maybe Thailand if funds do not go our way for a charter and holiday to shoot some vids for our gear.  I have heard the Fiji charters are amazing.  

The flashers work just as well as the plastics IMO and I am a lazy fisherman that so they suit me better hahaha. 

Would you recommend the fiji trip and do you have any recommendations?

I was in Fiji for work. We stayed at Nadi. The fishing around there is pretty crappy. I am sure that there are charters that would be good but I don't have any I can recommend. Only advice is try not to stay too long in Nadi or Denarau and get out to the more remote stuff. 

I will check out the flashers... Just don't tell Mrs Drop Bear. She wont understand. 

3 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

I was in Fiji for work. We stayed at Nadi. The fishing around there is pretty crappy. I am sure that there are charters that would be good but I don't have any I can recommend. Only advice is try not to stay too long in Nadi or Denarau and get out to the more remote stuff. 

I will check out the flashers... Just don't tell Mrs Drop Bear. She wont understand. 

All good mate.  We are a bit low on stocks at the moment as last week we had a cracker of a week with lads telling their mates about our gear. 

I had to take a Job in Asia a few months ago to help with bills while we slowly organically got more known outside of Central Queensland but if things keep going like they are I can concentrate fully on the rig making. 

So far the response and feedback has been amazing which is great as I really do make quality gear but the secret is to keep it up so that people get what they expect each and every time.

Ha Mrs Better Tackle was having a few words to me this week about our house looking like a tackle store as I have been working my butt off all week making new rigs to restock.  

Archived