Advice Required On Fishing The Entrance Please

snatcher

We drive up to The Entrance on Friday coming and will be staying Fri/Sat/Sun nights.  Its a birthday treat for the wife 😀  We will be staying at Rivere Apartments and will have 2 grandsons with us aged 5 and 8.  Would appreciate any tips on the fishing there.  We will have the boys fishing.

Thanks in advance

John

I've been there a few times but was never there at the right time ( tidal phase , moon phase and season ) , so was defeated trying to fish from the shore - the tide surge is very fast where the channel narrows.

Been a very long time since I went to Tuggerah to fish. 

I did better fishing near the mouths of the two creeks that drain into the lake and on the beach south of the bridge.

My best advise is

> ask the local bait shop / tackle shop

> spend some time scouting the location to see where the locals are fishing , and the gear they are using and what they are taking.

On 26/03/2019 at 6:43 PM, The fessor said:

I've been there a few times but was never there at the right time ( tidal phase , moon phase and season ) , so was defeated trying to fish from the shore - the tide surge is very fast where the channel narrows.

Been a very long time since I went to Tuggerah to fish. 

I did better fishing near the mouths of the two creeks that drain into the lake and on the beach south of the bridge.

My best advise is

> ask the local bait shop / tackle shop

> spend some time scouting the location to see where the locals are fishing , and the gear they are using and what they are taking.

Many thanks for that 🙂

John

I'll add

if you decide to travel north to Wybung , better off / safer fishing the north side than the exposed rocks on the point and south side (those two are IMO a death trap - in that you have very limit ways to escape rogue sets of waves and the rock ledge is covered with barnacles).  Fishing into deep water but not worth the risk IMO.

Bongong Beach is worth a fish , being between two deep water headlands , there's a good chance of finding a jewie hunting about .  I caught a 45 lb jewfish there casting out a live fresh caught yellowtail under a float there (I wasn't sure of the bottom)  back in about 1995 ( I used to frequent Snapper Head trying to catch snapper from the rocks there , and the north end of the beach there is the sea was too large).

Fraser Beach & Birdie beach are bigger and worth a look for whiting, bream, flathead,  trevally, trailor, salmon.

If you head to Snapper Head , see above only I'd stay near the beach , less chance being swept off the rocks by a rogue wave.

On 28/03/2019 at 7:24 PM, The fessor said:

I'll add

if you decide to travel north to Wybung , better off / safer fishing the north side than the exposed rocks on the point and south side (those two are IMO a death trap - in that you have very limit ways to escape rogue sets of waves and the rock ledge is covered with barnacles).  Fishing into deep water but not worth the risk IMO.

Bongong Beach is worth a fish , being between two deep water headlands , there's a good chance of finding a jewie hunting about .  I caught a 45 lb jewfish there casting out a live fresh caught yellowtail under a float there (I wasn't sure of the bottom)  back in about 1995 ( I used to frequent Snapper Head trying to catch snapper from the rocks there , and the north end of the beach there is the sea was too large).

Fraser Beach & Birdie beach are bigger and worth a look for whiting, bream, flathead,  trevally, trailor, salmon.

If you head to Snapper Head , see above only I'd stay near the beach , less chance being swept off the rocks by a rogue wave.

You have made me want to go for a road trip now. Great in depth info thanks.