Lowrance Elite - 3x Problem

kmcrosby78

Thanks Brad & Brian. Will double check the terminals and give them a clean just in case, but I think they're pretty good. I'm not real mechanically/electrically minded Brad - is the rectifier something you've added/changed on the battery charger?

I might take the battery into a battery place to get it tested as it will be getting on in age - it came off the previous kayak I had, and that was a second hand deal off Gumtree so who knows how old it is.

11 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Thanks Brad & Brian. Will double check the terminals and give them a clean just in case, but I think they're pretty good. I'm not real mechanically/electrically minded Brad - is the rectifier something you've added/changed on the battery charger?

I might take the battery into a battery place to get it tested as it will be getting on in age - it came off the previous kayak I had, and that was a second hand deal off Gumtree so who knows how old it is.

i know mine when i fully charge it its ok as the day goes on it plays up like that so the battery might be good but as it looses charge this may happen,

16 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Thanks guys, looks like we've identified the problem. I'll grab a new battery during the weekend and hopefully confirm that the problem is sorted 🙂 Or perhaps I should just chuck an outboard motor with a rectifier on the back of the yak ........... 🙂 

go on... dare ya...

On 01/04/2019 at 4:28 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

Thanks guys, looks like we've identified the problem. I'll grab a new battery during the weekend and hopefully confirm that the problem is sorted 🙂 Or perhaps I should just chuck an outboard motor with a rectifier on the back of the yak ........... 🙂 

Get a 150 four stroke. 

Archived