Quick Offshore Morning

Drop Bear

Just a quick report as it was a quick session.

Headed out through South Passage Bar at first light. 1 hour after low tide with a light westerly.

Stunning conditions so we pushed through a bit earlier than I would normally as it was still too dark to see any sandbanks. Could still see waves. We got out with no problems and found a small swell with very light wind.

We only had about 4 hour to fish so trolled lures around The Group and Boat Rock. Caught 3 good sized Mac Tuna and headed back. I trolled my Western Platypus around all morning. This lure had been a dud for me. I used it for 3 days in Harvey Bay and all day today and it has never had a hit. Oh well keep trying I guess. Halco Lazer Pro ultra deep red and white did the damage. I had a really old one that I swapped the trebles on last night. It has been the most successful lure I have ever used with lots of spanish, tuna and king fish caught on it. 

9am came and my mate had to head home. Washed boat and rods then back at my house to fillet one of the Mac Tuna for Sashimi by 10am. 

Pipi the dog loves to eat tuna so has heaps of the dark meat to eat up over then next few days. 

A great thing to do for the morning. I have a few photos I will post up in a min. 

Archived