Best Hard Lures For Bream & Flathead?

Oggy

1 hour ago, Oggy said:

Hey,

Would anyone be able to help me with the best lures to use for targeting species like flathead and bream? 

Thanks

everyone has their own personal favourites. For flatties, i prefer soft plastics as they stay in the strike zone all the time. My go to is ZMan 4 inch electric chicken

as for hard bodies for bream, i like Atomic Hardz crank 38 

14 minutes ago, christophagus said:

everyone has their own personal favourites. For flatties, i prefer soft plastics as they stay in the strike zone all the time. My go to is ZMan 4 inch electric chicken

as for hard bodies for bream, i like Atomic Hardz crank 38 

Thanks 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Luvit said:

I like soft plastic paddle tails tas well but the Zerek tango shads and Lively Micro Mullet are both good Flathead lures.

Bream I like the Eco gear SX40 hard body or the ZX blades.

Thanks, I’ll have a look at them... do you have any experience with these soft plastics and lures? 

29 minutes ago, Oggy said:

Thanks, I’ll have a look at them... do you have any experience with these soft plastics and lures? 

Yes,

Flathead are not a difficult species to catch.

Flathead

Soft Plastics (SP's) Keep the lures close to bottom and hitting the bottom.  A slow roll is fine but also a hop retrieve 1 meter off the bottom and let the SP sink back down before repeating is good too. 

Hard bodies same as above, slow roll. Best advice is to put the lure where the fish are. Target areas where at low tide the water is draining and thats where to fish. Try the search function and google there is so much information on flathead and bream techniques. 

Bream can be a lot harder species, I like a neutrally buoyant hard body that stay in the strike zone when paused and this can be very effective. If using SP's for bream a small 2' grub tail on a light jig head just enough to slowly sink, in motor oil color is a good start.

I have caught Flathead on orange peel and rags, they're not that fussy.

7 minutes ago, logo said:

hi my name is tai i`m 9 years old , for my flat head and bream I use hard silver lures for flat head and for bream i use lures that look like fish. I hope you catch some flat head and bream. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

Thanks tai, good luck fishing for you aswell

12 hours ago, logo said:

hi my name is tai i`m 9 years old , for my flat head and bream I use hard silver lures for flat head and for bream i use lures that look like fish. I hope you catch some flat head and bream. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

Hey Tai,

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for your advice. 

Archived