Insane Salmon Fishing With Video

Angler1

Video link -

Sharing my latest fishing video. This one is completely insane and must watch viewing for local anglers. We launch from Altona boat ramp and immediately find ourselves within the biggest school of salmon that I have ever seen. Its complete chaos, a massive bust up with salmon surfacing everywhere. We’re catching big salmon nearly every cast. Its nonstop fishing action. We were just flicking soft plastics curl tail and minnow imitations on a 1/8 jog head, but I reckon the salmon would have taken anything. Enjoy the video it’s a ripper, and please subscribe to the channel.

TNSalmonBustUp.jpg

You fillet them and use them as bait. Anything else that eat'em is usually an upgrade😉

Very fishy and bloody even if bled on capture.

Minced up and used in fish patties that have been highly seasoned to kill the salmon taste is about the only way i'll eat them.

1 hour ago, Luvit said:

You fillet them and use them as bait. Anything else that eat'em is usually an upgrade😉

Very fishy and bloody even if bled on capture.

Minced up and used in fish patties that have been highly seasoned to kill the salmon taste is about the only way i'll eat them.

I made a curry one day from a fish caught a few hours before and it was pretty good. The frozen one that I kept was not even edible in a curry. 

13 hours ago, benno573 said:

They aren’t bad smoked. Soak fillet in fresh sea water for about 1/2 hr, pat dry and then straight in to a smoker, I like wattle or iron bark for fish.

Not my favourite but comes out pretty good, certainly very edible.

Do you use one of the ripper kipper small gal box smokers or something else? 

yeap, that's the one.  easy as to use and easy to get a good result too. 

if we had salmon up here like fishing mad does in Vic I would be experimenting a lot more with how to smoke them and make them delicious.  it is a very occassional capture for us in SEQ.

On 17/04/2019 at 2:01 PM, benno573 said:

yeap, that's the one.  easy as to use and easy to get a good result too. 

if we had salmon up here like fishing mad does in Vic I would be experimenting a lot more with how to smoke them and make them delicious.  it is a very occassional capture for us in SEQ.

Taylor would kill it in there. Also Spotted Hind. 

Archived