NPD 15/4/19 Best Day For Years

rayke1938

After attempting for a while we finally got the stars into alignment and I finally took Tom and his dad Jason to NPD.

Tom has been obsessed  with catching bass for a while and Jason has been taking him shorebased at Forgans with no results.

We launched at 12.30 and did a couple of shrimp pots and redclaw pots to show Tom and got some shrimp and a couple of redclaw.

I cable tied one redclaw so Tom could have a close look at it without getting bitten.

We then headed to Andrews drop off and Tom got a hook up to a smallish bass on the first drop of his bait.

He is a real master angler landing another 2 bass before I even had a hook up.

It was an hour before Jason got around to rigging up his own line as Tom just did not stop catching fish. It did not even matter if it was only a forky he still got super excited. WE knocked off at around 3pm and did a few more redclaw pots for little result as a lot of the pots had holes in them.

Final score was around 20 bass with Tom catching more than half or them.

10 forkies 

18 redclaw.

Best part smiles all round.

So good to see a little boy enjoying himself.

IMG_1512.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1515.JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1517.JPG

IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_1519.JPG

IMG_1521.JPG

And there is another one. Mate your numbers of bass are great but no where near as awesome as the number of people you have taken fishing that have had a great time and will probably be as addicted to fishing as you are (well that is probably not possible).

It is a great thing you do. So fantastic that you can take young kids out for this experience. 

Well done. 

Archived