Hello All!

KattyKat

I grew up in a family who never went fishing, and it wasn't until recently when my son got invited fishing by a school friend that I decided we should learn! With my two kids and my partner, I've gotten us some rods and tackle, and we're learning together!

We have tried a couple of places around Ipswich, and are looking forward to catching different sorts of fish. I'd like to someday catch fish to eat, but maybe not in the local river. I'd also like to catch pest fish to help get them out of the waterways.

Anyway, keen to say hi, happy to learn whatever I can!

11 hours ago, KattyKat said:

I grew up in a family who never went fishing, and it wasn't until recently when my son got invited fishing by a school friend that I decided we should learn! With my two kids and my partner, I've gotten us some rods and tackle, and we're learning together!

We have tried a couple of places around Ipswich, and are looking forward to catching different sorts of fish. I'd like to someday catch fish to eat, but maybe not in the local river. I'd also like to catch pest fish to help get them out of the waterways.

Anyway, keen to say hi, happy to learn whatever I can!

Hey KittyKat,

Thats awesome. Welcome to AFO

There are lots of fishers here with heaps of information to share. There are a stack of options to catch fish to eat near you as well as catching pest species like Tilapia. Like Ellicat said ask away. spots to fish and how to catch them. The more specific you can be the better the information you will get. 

Archived