Ballina Blackfish

tugger

10 hours ago, tugger said:

Going down to Ballina next month when it cools off to fish for blackish. I haven't targeted them for years but do remember it being quite addictive watching the float Bob underwater and hooking them. I am going for a week and should also get a few sessions in on the breakwall for tailor and jew. I should have a good report by the time I get back.

Oh I am looking forward to that one. Want any company? 

2 hours ago, Dinodadog said:

I used to catch jew off the south wall, best was 53lb caught on a king prawn. What we did most of the time was to throw a heap of bread in the water and jag a live mullet and use it for bait.I wasa pastry cook in Ballina in my younger days and spent most arvos fishing.There is usually some good luderick off the porpoise wall also.Its a nice place, my only complaint is the river runs to fast.

Dino

Where is the Porpoise wall? 

5 hours ago, Dinodadog said:

I used to catch jew off the south wall, best was 53lb caught on a king prawn. What we did most of the time was to throw a heap of bread in the water and jag a live mullet and use it for bait.I wasa pastry cook in Ballina in my younger days and spent most arvos fishing.There is usually some good luderick off the porpoise wall also.Its a nice place, my only complaint is the river runs to fast.

Dino

I got a mretired mate down there who has lived all his life in Ballina and is the luderick guru so we are hooking up and fishing together should have plenty of local knowledge behind us.

• 1 month later...