Ge_off

queensland Hervey Bay Fishing Trip

11 hours ago, ellicat said:

Did anyone get 'done' by the Happy Moment ?

I was going to ask if you were aware of this fish when you caught it? My dad used to have fun releasing them when we caught them in our canoe at Hervey Bay as kids .........

Please login or register to view this image
 Lots of variety there mate, well done!

Cracka bone there Geoff. Trophy fish for sure. You're only the second person I have heard of to catch a bone over here. I never knew they were here till a bloke pulled one in on Fraser a few yrs back. I thought they were a WA species,  like DUI's. 

Well done on all the fish. 

2 hours ago, aussie123 said:

Moreton Bay and the beaches on Straddie have Bonefish.

A guy fishing with us one day caught a large one at Boat Rock and about 2-3 years ago, a massive spawning aggregation was discovered at Heron Island.

They can turn up anywhere in SEQ.

Well there you go. 

All the years fishing this area and no one I know (all 4 of them

) has ever caught one,  or even spoken about them. 

You'd think they would be a more popular target species around here. 

6 hours ago, Junky said:

Cracka bone there Geoff. Trophy fish for sure. You're only the second person I have heard of to catch a bone over here. I never knew they were here till a bloke pulled one in on Fraser a few yrs back. I thought they were a WA species,  like DUI's. 

Well done on all the fish. 

Hi Junky, I wish I could take the credit for the bone fish but it was the misses, AKA the Finance minister, She out fished me bad for the week, I did get the King thready before she out did me by 1cm with a blue salmon thready. I couldn't win a trick. hehehe.

Bonefish seem to be an incidental capture around these parts. They are in numbers up at Hervey Bay but only deep and not on the flats like other Bonefish destinations. 

If you could find a consistent shallow water Bonefish fishery you'd have alot of international sport fishos tearing down your door to get at them. Awesome fish on fly, go like stink....and slippery

Please login or register to view this attachment