Mouth Of The Brissy

straddiebrad

Hi @straddiebrad, don't think you missed too much. I haven't been out in my boat for a while either and had an uncle that wanted to hit the reclamation rock wall. Original plan was to meet up at Nudge Boat Ramp was for 5.30 but the rain kicked in and we ended up pushing off around 6. Weather was still like soup with some heavy showers but we headed out anyways. It's times like these when you really miss a cabin 🤪 in the scout. I reckon you would only be able to pass into the bay on the top half of the tide....I might be missing some local knowledge but I went over some 30-40cm spots using the nav! 

Looked like it might clear up as we headed south across the front of the airport and river mouth. 

Literally pulled up dropped the electric and threw some soft plastics for a couple of hits before getting pissed on from the side as the showers really kicked in. Son decided he had enough and asked to head in after a solid 25 mins of fishing 😥

It didn't look like it was going to get any better so thought about the 👽asking why our son has a cold and decided to head in. 

I am glad I did it but sad we didn't push through the weather. 

Was home in a hot shower by 9am!

8 hours ago, Poddymullet said:

Hi @straddiebrad, don't think you missed too much. I haven't been out in my boat for a while either and had an uncle that wanted to hit the reclamation rock wall. Original plan was to meet up at Nudge Boat Ramp was for 5.30 but the rain kicked in and we ended up pushing off around 6. Weather was still like soup with some heavy showers but we headed out anyways. It's times like these when you really miss a cabin 🤪 in the scout. I reckon you would only be able to pass into the bay on the top half of the tide....I might be missing some local knowledge but I went over some 30-40cm spots using the nav! 

Looked like it might clear up as we headed south across the front of the airport and river mouth. 

Literally pulled up dropped the electric and threw some soft plastics for a couple of hits before getting pissed on from the side as the showers really kicked in. Son decided he had enough and asked to head in after a solid 25 mins of fishing 😥

It didn't look like it was going to get any better so thought about the 👽asking why our son has a cold and decided to head in. 

I am glad I did it but sad we didn't push through the weather. 

Was home in a hot shower by 9am!

i got too the boggy creek ramp but left my rain jacket at home waited a bit for the rain to go but it didnt so i came home and yes the creek i wanted to fish cant get in at low tide