1770 Bring It On

tugger

Looks like a good weather window might allow a few of us to get up to 1770 next week. Fingers crossed it works out and we can get out to the reefs at the bottom of the great barrier reef again. I am heading off now to pick up the bait and put the fishing gear together. If we get out we should have a good report next week bring it on.

4 minutes ago, tugger said:

Looks like a good weather window might allow a few of us to get up to 1770 next week. Fingers crossed it works out and we can get out to the reefs at the bottom of the great barrier reef again. I am heading off now to pick up the bait and put the fishing gear together. If we get out we should have a good report next week bring it on.

When are you heading up? I might have a boat to come up and join you. 

30 minutes ago, Fishaman said:

I’m up here at the moment relaxing on the land and it’s been very gusty all week.. I’m headed off to the Swains on a 7 day charter leaving Saturday and the weather looks to be coming good ( touch wood) 

good luck you lot 👍

Good luck on your swans trip that will be awesome 

Weather at this stage is looking good.

I would have loved to have joined you but, with some business I have to take care of and weekend already committed timing is not right. I'll look for the next weather window that pops up.

It is a brilliant place to fish and explore. 

Good luck to those that can make it.

2 hours ago, tugger said:

We are heading off on Sunday still looks like the other boats can't make it the weather looks mint and I hope to see some glassy conditions. Bring it on !

So jelly. Have a great trip mate. I hope you get a stack of red coloured fish in the boat oh and a few Bar Cod. 

I would love to try Bar Cod. If you find you have too many just let me know and I will gladly take some fillets off your hands 🙂 I can event help filet them haha.

hungry homer simpson GIF

I'm jealous. I was up there a couple of weeks ago in the last lull.....well...still blew like a banshee but we just went. 

We anchored at fitzroy. Lucky cause one boat at boult was picked up and turned 180 on the anchor in the protected side. Swell just ran over the reef. So food for thought if the swell is up and big tides. Hope it's not for you. 

I'll be up there in a couple of weeks again. 

Watch the bar. It's straight out now...not round the headland. Caught me out...

1 hour ago, Junky said:

I'm jealous. I was up there a couple of weeks ago in the last lull.....well...still blew like a banshee but we just went. 

We anchored at fitzroy. Lucky cause one boat at boult was picked up and turned 180 on the anchor in the protected side. Swell just ran over the reef. So food for thought if the swell is up and big tides. Hope it's not for you. 

I'll be up there in a couple of weeks again. 

Watch the bar. It's straight out now...not round the headland. Caught me out...

Swell and wind is low with small tides we will be right I have a big anchor with lots of chain and rope. I don't like anchoring in Fitzroy not enough reef for protection in the windy conditions.