Can Any One Identify This Fish

Ge_off

11 hours ago, Ge_off said:

Thanks Drop Bear & MSB,  It looked like a good eater, A legal sized one would be a good fight on light gear, I got this one on a cracked pepper Squidgy Wriggler, it felt twice its size. Iv'e never seen them in the Tweed River before.

Can't say for certain, but they probably stay in the estuaries to a certain stage just like jacks and moses perch and then move out to the reefs 

18 hours ago, Ge_off said:

where dose the name  "scaffolder cod" and cuzzy bro fish come from, Hmmmm

It is racist. Sorry if it offends. I meant it in good humour as I respect and admire Maoris and have plenty of mates from NZ. Maori are sometimes scaffolders in Australia and they sometimes say "Hey Cuzzy Bro" 

2 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

It is racist. Sorry if it offends. I meant it in good humour as I respect and admire Maoris and have plenty of mates from NZ. Maori are sometimes scaffolders in Australia and they sometimes say "Hey Cuzzy Bro" 

Robbie I dealt with a heap of Kiwi steelfixers in my time in business, funniest thing ever happened was when I got a call from one of my Kiwi steelfixer clients and he said you need to get down here, all the plastic bar chairs you supplied are crap they are melting in the sun, so I  got my arse to site and sussed out the problem, I turned to him and said mate it is in the middle of summer and having 6 x 130 kg Kiwis standing on the bar chairs is not ideal, they all had a good laugh after taking the piss out of me, ended up having to stay down the coast I ended up that pissed🤣