Shanty

Hey, I am looking for GPS marks for  fishing spots in Moreton bay. I used to live here when I was younger but moved to Sydney for work for 17 years. I have know moved back but can’t find any fish here anymore. I am looking for marks ( you could PM me) from About Victoria Point to Green island maybe a bit further north. If someone could respond that would be fantastic. 

I'll be honest mate and say that I doubt you'll get many, if any, people willing to share their GPS marks for Moreton Bay as it's a highly fished area and success is hard won. If you don't, my suggestion would be to start by picking one island/area, doing a thorough sounding around and put a few marks into your GPS and try fishing them on different tide stages and make not of any success/failure. Good luck!

Hi Shanty , I haven't fished Moreton Bay before, Here is a fb page for Fishing Queensland Turner Artificial Reef .

https://www.facebook.com/turnerartificalreef/posts/gps-coordinates-moreton-bay-reef-marks-and-fishing-spots-tag-your-fishing-buddys/1396760550409454/

Click on the pic to enlarge it,  I don't know if its any good but its a start.

10 hours ago, Shanty said:

Thank you kmcrosby any tips on where to start? Used to fish wello point pretty good. Going to go out tomorrow to see if my “Secret Spots” are still “secret”. 

Hi Shanty, if you fished the Wellington Point area years ago you are most likely familiar with the ledge that runs from King Island to Green Island, start there mate and do what kmcrosby78 suggested, still good squire and grassies in the general area, but yeah mate no one is likely to give up any hard earned marks 

MSB

10 hours ago, Shanty said:

Well my “secret spot” are still there. No one on them either, slower than it used to be but still there. Got a 20 cm squire and a 32 cm squire but if I spent more time and used whiting heads as I used to, I reckon I could have got some better ones. 

Good fishing

Nice mate. Got any pics? Bay snapper are awesome.