Quick Squid Session @ Bribie

The Mad Hughesy

3 hours ago, christophagus said:

waiting for the barrage of abuse now...

neither, it was an exploring mission to see if they had showed up yet. might try and grab a couple tomorrow for dinner this weekend

Nice one mate. It would have made my plate but I am not gonna tell another angler what to do with their catch. 

Thanks for the report. I was up there with @Old Scaley on monday. Stunning spot and stunning weather. 

I have been told but I am not a pro that with your spotlight it is best to keep it off to the side of the squid so it can still see your lure and is not blinded and spooked. 

46 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Two is better than none and no doubt they'll only improve over winter. I remembered the other day that it is State of Origin time again - are you intending organising it again this year @christophagus? Thinking three 'matches' or just one longer one?

the thought crossed my mind as i watching Game 1. Given ive missed the first game, i might adapt it to a single round, but as you suggested for a longer period.

Also toying with the idea of a different scoring system. So rather than the "biggest" of any category, have some sort of scoring system for every species caught. that way, everyone can contribute to their "teams" total. Still trying to figure out the best way to run that.

7 hours ago, christophagus said:

the thought crossed my mind as i watching Game 1. Given ive missed the first game, i might adapt it to a single round, but as you suggested for a longer period.

Also toying with the idea of a different scoring system. So rather than the "biggest" of any category, have some sort of scoring system for every species caught. that way, everyone can contribute to their "teams" total. Still trying to figure out the best way to run that.

Sounds like an elaborate ploy to turn all the northside fish that normally finish 2nd, 3rd etc into valuable commodities ......... :whistle::frantics:Just joking ..... very open to ideas 🙂 

15 hours ago, christophagus said:

Sounds great. I'm in.

16 hours ago, christophagus said:

I had a thought this morning. (awaiting jokes)

What about a total length of all fish from each side divided by the number of entrants for each side to give the win to the longest average ?? With each angler only allowed to enter 1 of each species.

E.G.

Northside
4 anglers; 80cm total length = av length 20cm

Southside
6 Anglers; 600cm total length = av length 100cm

Winner = Southside (again)

10 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Sounds like an elaborate ploy to turn all the northside fish that normally finish 2nd, 3rd etc into valuable commodities ......... :whistle::frantics:Just joking ..... very open to ideas 🙂 

haha you cheeky bugger

valid point though. otherwise 20 northsiders could catch a 24cm bream each which would beat one 40cm southside bream. So im thinking the best fish from each side is counted, that way its not about the number of fish caught and still about the best fish caught.

9 hours ago, christophagus said:

haha you cheeky bugger

valid point though. otherwise 20 northsiders could catch a 24cm bream each which would beat one 40cm southside bream. So im thinking the best fish from each side is counted, that way its not about the number of fish caught and still about the best fish caught.

Was that how it was last year? I hope I will have more time this year.