Draft Moreton Bay Marine Park Plan U Are Screwed

37 minutes ago, samsteele115 said:

I'm all for fish conservation to ensure sustainability with current greenzones and reducing bag limits (and if too conservative then it just means more fish to catch yay). But this 120 day thing seems really odd 

Yep same for me. I like that we are managing the fish and fishing areas. I will have to read the whole thing properly. My brain hurts already. 

23 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Yep same for me. I like that we are managing the fish and fishing areas. I will have to read the whole thing properly. My brain hurts already. 

Likewise haha, a quick glance was all I could handle. It looks like green zone size increases to existing ones in some parts, which is better than creating new ones I reckon. But whatever, will wait for mapping and a more concise overview 

Hard to work out whether that means 120 consecutive days or 120 days in total?  Maybe the idea is to crack down on people living on boats with no mooring and possibly no proper toilet facilities?

I can’t imagine how anyone could keep track of the number of days a boat spends on the water.  I would love to spend 120 days on the water every year, but reckon it would be closer to 50 if I was lucky.

From Facebook -

Creating more sustainable fisheries for future generations is at the heart of a discussion paper released today for public comment by the Queensland Government.

The proposed amendments are focused on implementing fisheries reforms essential for long term sustainability and profitability; urgent sustainability actions to take the pressure off snapper and pearl perch; standardising fishing rules and supporting compliance and reducing red-tape and removing unnecessary restrictions.

Feedback is open till 19 July 2019 - https://bit.ly/2IOorg8

On 18/06/2019 at 6:49 PM, Old Scaley said:

Hard to work out whether that means 120 consecutive days or 120 days in total?  Maybe the idea is to crack down on people living on boats with no mooring and possibly no proper toilet facilities?

I can’t imagine how anyone could keep track of the number of days a boat spends on the water.  I would love to spend 120 days on the water every year, but reckon it would be closer to 50 if I was lucky.

Sounds like a challenge! Im in.