Snap And Tings

Old Scaley

43 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Nice one Steve, couple of nice feeds there. Have you ever caught whiting there before - nice and close!

Never @kmcrosby78, but usually I would have been using plastics or pilchards in that area. Since I was put onto a new bait supplier I have been trying different stuff. Getting hold of fresh bonito has been great. 

42 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Thanks so much for passing on the tip for the whiting. It saved me a donut. I promise not to go there everyday and catch my 50.

20 is plenty of filleting. I did 21 butterflies and was sick of it by the end. They fed a stack of people though and were delicious. 

Great report. Thanks mate. 

Yeah, Robbie, winter whiting are a bit of a PITA to fillet. Summers are nice and firm and easy to fillet and skin, but the winters are much softer and it is better to scale them. Still tasty though.  Let’s get out next week if the weather settles?

36 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

Yeah, Robbie, winter whiting are a bit of a PITA to fillet. Summers are nice and firm and easy to fillet and skin, but the winters are much softer and it is better to scale them. Still tasty though.  Let’s get out next week if the weather settles?

Yep it is supposed to calm down next week. We can try your flathead Snapper Whiting Spot again 🙂

1 hour ago, Drop Bear said:

Go out to the big red marker and if you get there you have gone too far. so come back about half way and go right then left at the seagull. If you see a pelican you are in the right spot. Look on the sounder for the sea floor. 

I'm confused - does the seagull and the pelican stay in the same spots always? Must be ALOT of flathead whiting there ........ 🙂