Fishing Forums On The Down Turn ?

fishingnut

Yeah, I notice that a bit too, I am a member of Fishing Monthly and nearly of the discussion are listed as being several years old. I put up a sale listing there to sell a Makiara 30 II reel. It is a bit strange in that my advert has had over 500 views in 3 or 4 days so there must be a lot of people visiting the site but not participating or else not logging in. I do not know how that site is still going! I just logged in there and there were 6 people on it and only 1 (me) had logged in.

I used to be part of a few car club forums too, they have all but died off. the age of forums seems to be slowly declining

having said that...i find i get a much larger overview of fishing reports etc by being a part of facebook groups, not to say this forum isnt great. i find this forum to be a much friendlier and close nit group of people...which is why i wont leave!

i think the Facebook groups are just a different way of sharing information compared to forum websites. both have their for and against. i know a lot of people are against Facebook and think its the devil, but like most things on the internet...you get out what you put in. 

I know there is a facebook page for this forum, but is there a group?