Trolling Motors With Spot Lock

Ryannnnnnnn

10 hours ago, ellicat said:

Has new toy. Must play. 😜

Yep, and really enjoyed the play! Everything worked perfectly. Did a bit of controlled drift, a bit of trolling and a heap of spot lock. Ran the motor almost continuously for over 4 hours and the battery indicator didn’t move so that is reassuring. Did a bit of fishing and managed half a dozen snaps, but only one legal. Also got this small shark.  I think it might be a blind shark but happy to be corrected.

D4EFC72D-94D6-44B4-821A-48FABB89AE02.thumb.jpeg.b6c84a8a097406bfba1ef816c23aecf9.jpeg

Another bad photo but wanted to get it back in the water ASAP. Anyway, now madly in love with the electric and wondering why I didn’t do it years ago.

• 2 years later...

This Minn Kota spot lock trolling motor is amazing. I have piloted a link this comes with a spot lock amazing. It comes with a remote control so that after you dock your boat in the water it will stay in place with a spot lock. You can go park your truck and trailer come back and the boat will come to you with this amazing remote

7 hours ago, daltonbourne said:

This Minn Kota spot lock trolling motor is amazing. I have piloted a link this comes with a spot lock amazing. It comes with a remote control so that after you dock your boat in the water it will stay in place with a spot lock. You can go park your truck and trailer come back and the boat will come to you with this amazing remote

Just gotta make sure you have spare batteries for the remote. haha

I'd avoid Motorguide at all costs, I now call them "Aspros" because they dissolve in water. I had my first one for 2 years, always washed it, never treated it rough, it corroded like crazy, despite being a SW model. They did their best to avoid any warranty. Sold it.

The second one cam with a boat I bought, I was reluctant, but gave them another shot, once again, it started to corrode badly with in a few weeks of use. Got it repaired & repainted, sold it cheap, bought a new MinnKota, and 3 years on there is no corrosion and it has been faultless.