3 Piece Jarvis Walker Rod

I'm wanting to find the name for a 3 piece Jarvis Walker rod circa 1975 ish,  It is solid black fibreglass rod and came in 3 sections.  Once piece was a reversible handle with cork grips.  The idea was the shortest glass section connected in one end  to form a very short boat rod or the two glass pieces connected together and connected into the other end of the handle assembly.  It needed the reversible handle to do this as it needed two different sizes for the glass pieces depending on how it was used.

I don't have the rod with me right now but I think it was about 7-8ft in length maximum.

Anyone know the model name of this rod?

I've looked around but can't see it on the Internet anywhere.  Is there a Jarvis Walker online fishing rod museum anywhere?

On 18/07/2019 at 4:37 PM, Eagleray1 said:

I'm wanting to find the name for a 3 piece Jarvis Walker rod circa 1975 ish,  It is solid black fibreglass rod and came in 3 sections.  Once piece was a reversible handle with cork grips.  The idea was the shortest glass section connected in one end  to form a very short boat rod or the two glass pieces connected together and connected into the other end of the handle assembly.  It needed the reversible handle to do this as it needed two different sizes for the glass pieces depending on how it was used.

I don't have the rod with me right now but I think it was about 7-8ft in length maximum.

Anyone know the model name of this rod?

I've looked around but can't see it on the Internet anywhere.  Is there a Jarvis Walker online fishing rod museum anywhere?

Got any photos? 

21 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Got any photos? 

This is the only pictures I could find: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-Jarvis-Walker-glenelg-3-Piece-Fishing-Rod-7-Ft-8-inches-pick-up-kilsyth/113825545821?hash=item1a8087fe5d:g:WOEAAOSw8w9dF-Cx&frcectupt=true

My brother has the actual rod I referred to and is restoring it now that I have returned it to him.  He told me his has different length pieces but is essentially the same overall design.  I'm pretty sure the name of the rod had come off as happens on the old JW rods over time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, do you know if they have an old catalogue or anything I can look up on an old rod I got from my dad, it’s a jarvis walker tonkin cane 3 piece! It has a picture of Jackson on it and looks like someone has written on it calling it ‘the champ’ and the year 1954. It’s a lovely old rod just looking for more info on it if possible 

2A87774E-4B72-4F13-9C75-965D67431535.jpeg

B42EAD79-01EF-4A12-92E1-54E17500B1D5.jpeg

422F6B86-386D-40D2-A354-6303F53C24F8.jpeg

D116DE12-AFA9-4F63-9114-1EB9191509D5.jpeg

66D583F1-F9B4-4009-998D-A52BF6FDC89A.jpeg

• 2 months later...
On 23/07/2019 at 2:54 PM, Drop Bear said:

Is there a Jarvis Walker online fishing rod museum anywhere?

There is a fishing reel museum on the net. But no rod museum, I have contacted Jarvis Walker a couple of times about old rods I had. I was told they no longer have records for there early manufactured rods

25 minutes ago, Oldie said:

There is a fishing reel museum on the net. But no rod museum, I have contacted Jarvis Walker a couple of times about old rods I had. I was told they no longer have records for there early manufactured rods

That is probably typical,  Companies these days it's all about making money for their share holders and have Zero interest in the history side of it.

• 1 year later...
On 18/07/2019 at 6:42 PM, Eagleray1 said:

I eventually found it.  It's a JW "Glenelg" rod.  Seem to be very uncommon.

I have a Glenelg currently in my boat and still use it. It belonged to my father about 40 years ago, I liked it that much that I swapped him for a boat rod I had. Best rod I've ever used.  I had it rebuilt once already and about to have it done again.