Hutchies And In Between

Poddymullet

Hi AFO gang, 

Been a little quiet on the posting front for the last month or so. Have been doing some fishing here and there with a couple of great trips with @Luvit and @Luke Landrunner off Mooloolaba a while back. That was a pretty awesome day although bloody hell the weather turned shite really quick on the way back but the Grady White kept us safe! Thanks again @Luvit

In between have been doing some basic whiting fishing north of Scarbs / Newport and the Cockle Banks with some pretty good success mixed in with some crabs. 

But I have some more time this weekend and with the weather looking the way it is I might take the Scout past the northern artificial / coffee rocks and try my hand at some reef bashing from Flinders up to Hutchies and around. Anybody been out there recently or heading out on Saturday? 

All the reports are showing fish fish fish and I'd love to get into some decent reef fish for a change. 

Cheers

Actually headed out today. Just to blow some cobwebs off. Did the northern beacons from M4 to Spitfire and then did some drifting to donuts. Think I got I couple of nudges but was small. Also had the pots out in a new spot. Plenty in them just way too small. But good news for summer I guess. 

Was going to head north again tomorrow but going to Mud and Reclamation wall. 

Will report back

6B9FB177-2BD2-439E-A4E7-EEA439009DC0.jpeg

6D24533A-889D-4587-9410-BF088FBE835B.jpeg

On 18/07/2019 at 9:25 PM, Poddymullet said:

Hi AFO gang, 

Been a little quiet on the posting front for the last month or so. Have been doing some fishing here and there with a couple of great trips with @Luvit and @Luke Landrunner off Mooloolaba a while back. That was a pretty awesome day although bloody hell the weather turned shite really quick on the way back but the Grady White kept us safe! Thanks again @Luvit

In between have been doing some basic whiting fishing north of Scarbs / Newport and the Cockle Banks with some pretty good success mixed in with some crabs. 

But I have some more time this weekend and with the weather looking the way it is I might take the Scout past the northern artificial / coffee rocks and try my hand at some reef bashing from Flinders up to Hutchies and around. Anybody been out there recently or heading out on Saturday? 

All the reports are showing fish fish fish and I'd love to get into some decent reef fish for a change. 

Cheers

Did you get out? 

6 hours ago, Luvit said:

Congrats on your first SP flathead.

The more you use them the more your confidence will grow. One advantage is at a drop of a hat you can go fishing without having to stop for bait.

Here's what your aiming for.

21685972_10155719596690789_3984489756979680829_n.thumb.jpg.2d2722908c1d94dc4a1f9aea4beef97d.jpg

104 cm 

Here's what you're aiming for.

He looks a like more like you, than me.