Bay Snapper Out Of Control

Cobiaaddict

15 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Great session there mate. Keep that GPS safe and secure for sure. 

Top read thanks for that. Report of the month for sure!!

Dead Yakkas! Great to hear. Were they whole baits or did you cut them up? 

Haha ,  the guys in the small 4m tinny in the back ground pics who rocked up at the same time I was anchoring had followed me from jigging live bait grounds and anchored to the west of me and fished and I did not see them turn a reel all arvo. .  I think they where swearing at us when I was throwing 5kg snapper back because we couldn't keep anymore. 

Whole  yakkas ,  rigged on single 10/0 Gamakatsu Octopus hooks, on 30lb & 40lb mono mainlines, 

1 hour ago, Cobiaaddict said:

Haha ,  the guys in the small 4m tinny in the back ground pics who rocked up at the same time I was anchoring had followed me from jigging live bait grounds and anchored to the west of me and fished and I did not see them turn a reel all arvo. .  I think they where swearing at us when I was throwing 5kg snapper back because we couldn't keep anymore. 

Whole  yakkas ,  rigged on single 10/0 Gamakatsu Octopus hooks, on 30lb & 40lb mono mainlines, 

haha serves them right haha. I bet they anchored exactly where you had been when you left. 

Thanks for the info. I have become less confident of late using large fish baits. I need to get over that by catching some large snapper again.

1 hour ago, Drop Bear said:

haha serves them right haha. I bet they anchored exactly where you had been when you left. 

Thanks for the info. I have become less confident of late using large fish baits. I need to get over that by catching some large snapper again.

Lucky he left a few minutes before I did, LOL

Awesome report @Cobiaaddict and love that you released so many freakish fish! I am yet to catch any Snapper of worth in the bay...but I haven't put the hours in dedicated to it yet. Not looking for your marks (always welcome though) but from Clontarf were you still fishing along Peninsula or in the bay? Love that last photo! I'd vote that in for photo of the month for sure 

27 minutes ago, Poddymullet said:

Awesome report @Cobiaaddict and love that you released so many freakish fish! I am yet to catch any Snapper of worth in the bay...but I haven't put the hours in dedicated to it yet. Not looking for your marks (always welcome though) but from Clontarf were you still fishing along Peninsula or in the bay? Love that last photo! I'd vote that in for photo of the month for sure 

Thanks @Poddymullet  bag limits limited us to keeping any of the other fish , But normally this area will only produce 1 or 2 good fish in a session.  

Fished the SE area of the Bay mate,  

Glad you like the photo ,