Hey guys. I was reading a few old articles on the Mud Island Sinkhole. Anyone tried it? I have done some research it seems bogus. I might go for a ride out there tomorrow. My boats only a Black Haines hunter Seawasp. With a 50hp Yamaha 2 stroke come say hi if you see me. Just want to know whether it is worth my time. Otherwise I will go over to a few spots off Bribie I know off. 

Regards,

Mick

3 hours ago, Mick Waycott said:

Hey guys. I was reading a few old articles on the Mud Island Sinkhole. Anyone tried it? I have done some research it seems bogus. I might go for a ride out there tomorrow. My boats only a Black Haines hunter Seawasp. With a 50hp Yamaha 2 stroke come say hi if you see me. Just want to know whether it is worth my time. Otherwise I will go over to a few spots off Bribie I know off. 

Regards,

Mick

Never heard of it. Got any links? Sounds fun. Your boat is more than enough to go to Mud island on a good day. 

35 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Never heard of it. Got any links? Sounds fun. Your boat is more than enough to go to Mud island on a good day. 

http://www.fishing-mates.com/moretonbay/sinkhole.htm

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/archive/index.php/t-128309.html

There’s others But I can’t find them at the moment. Yes I usually fish up the Mud, Green sort of way. Want to try something new. Yeah the old sea wasp is tough. I reinforced the back a little as it was flimsy. 50hp Yamaha 2 stroke had never let me down. 

I though that no reports might of been a good thing. If I’m catching fish I don’t think I would be telling everyone where. Maybe that’s why there’s not reports. I will go for a look on the weekend. 

Regards,

Mick

17 hours ago, Cobiaaddict said:

Plenty of sharks there mate. That's the main species that frequent that area and there generally too big to  put in the boat.

Search the outside edge areas of the sink hole drop off as there are few nice little ledges and rocks that produce fish. But it's a tough area to work out and find success at.  

Lots of old threads on here about it. 

GPS s 365 27 250 e 153 36 487

https://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/topic/25829-moreton-bay-sink-hole/

17 hours ago, Cobiaaddict said:

Plenty of sharks there mate. That's the main species that frequent that area and there generally too big to  put in the boat.

Search the outside edge areas of the sink hole drop off as there are few nice little ledges and rocks that produce fish. But it's a tough area to work out and find success at.  

Now im interested haha. 

Well not good news boys. I went for a ride out there. I launched 5.3a m Saturday. Was at the sinkhole at 6.30 (just before sunrise). Set up ready to go. After 10 minutes of looking found some ledges, nothing fantastic and nothing on the sounder anywhere in the sinkhole. Started fishing on the ledges after 10 minutes had a shark on the end about 50cm. I just cut him off, after about another 10 sharks I decided to go lighter. Down to 10 pound. Now I just go busted off every time.

So at 7.30am I set off for Redcliffe as I wanted to try some marks off bribie. As I get back into Redcliffe was boarded by the coppers to be nailed because my flares where 2 DAYS out of date. I just called it quits after that. 

Was not my weekend to say the least. Have bought some new flares today. 

16 hours ago, Mick Waycott said:

Well not good news boys. I went for a ride out there. I launched 5.3a m Saturday. Was at the sinkhole at 6.30 (just before sunrise). Set up ready to go. After 10 minutes of looking found some ledges, nothing fantastic and nothing on the sounder anywhere in the sinkhole. Started fishing on the ledges after 10 minutes had a shark on the end about 50cm. I just cut him off, after about another 10 sharks I decided to go lighter. Down to 10 pound. Now I just go busted off every time.

So at 7.30am I set off for Redcliffe as I wanted to try some marks off bribie. As I get back into Redcliffe was boarded by the coppers to be nailed because my flares where 2 DAYS out of date. I just called it quits after that. 

Least you caught something , its a hard place to work out and go to at the correct time,  even then those times you can catch more sharks than ever,

Unlucky with the water police mate,  I have had 3 visits in my last three trip from them. 

23 hours ago, Mick Waycott said:

Do you have a GPS mark of where you caught all the sharks at the sinkhole?  Asking for a friend... 

britney spears asking for a friend GIF