Bay Snapper Getting Eaten

Cobiaaddict

34 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

You're getting into some nice fish Josh, well done. Shame about those bl00dy sharks but good decision to move on and not feed them anymore 🙂 

Yeah mate 1st time at this spot we have had a snapper sharked and we suspect it was a tiger shark approx 11-12ft judging by the bite radius on the half snapper 🤔

9 hours ago, ellicat said:
9 hours ago, ellicat said:

Another nice session, good onya. You've certainly got that spot mastered.

Do you put your baits on the bottom or up with a paternoster or something else 

Floatlining baits using a 1 , 2 or 3ball sinker depending on tidal flow and just keep letting line out with the current. 

That's what I was looking for 😞

Nice fishes mate.

We popped out Saturday arvo from Fisherman's, (got charged by obviously very bored water cops for being too close to  the SS Reagan....). We were 30 metres away from the exclusions buoys by the way. Anyway the kids had some excitement.  

Picked up a reasonable Goldspot on a live Pike and a thousand baby Snaps and various on servo-prawns (kids loved that).

One son got a but queasy so we bailed before the sun went down too far over the horizon

25 minutes ago, Nog said:

Nice fishes mate.

We popped out Saturday arvo from Fisherman's, (got charged by obviously very bored water cops for being too close to  the SS Reagan....). We were 30 metres away from the exclusions buoys by the way. Anyway the kids had some excitement.  

Picked up a reasonable Goldspot on a live Pike and a thousand baby Snaps and various on servo-prawns (kids loved that).

One son got a but queasy so we bailed before the sun went down too far over the horizon

Water Police have been grabbing every body mate, they have boarded me 3 times in 3 Trips,   Last Saturday & Sunday night as well as Friday night just gone.

Cant seem to get away from them,  

Cant wait to get my kids out on the water more often,  they love eating fish, just no so keen on going fishing ,  

3 hours ago, Nog said:

Nice fishes mate.

That's lousy! What was the fine etc. if you don't mind me asking? 

2 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

That's lousy! What was the fine etc. if you don't mind me asking? 

No fine, just being asshats by trying  to intimidate me. There was no legal reason I could see for being harassed, I was well outside the exclusion zone........or maybe the sudden appearance of a large moon got them all excited 🙂

40 minutes ago, Nog said:

No fine, just being asshats by trying  to intimidate me. There was no legal reason I could see for being harassed, I was well outside the exclusion zone........or maybe the sudden appearance of a large moon got them all excited 🙂

indecent exposure charge?  or were you referring to the celestial body?