West Peel Artificial Reef

Mick Waycott

Well I think I may be getting a little excited with my posting but. Today I got away a little early from work and had 3 hour of free time. So what better else to do than look for some fresh ground close to the ramp. 

First stop was West Peel artificial reef as some guys at the bar reckon it is hot at the moment. I covered the distance from Raby bay boat ramp to WP in about 10 minutes are 32 knots. 

Not much showing on the sounder. They are in more water than I first though. Some in as much as 45-50ft.

Found a little more ground in another spot I ain’t telling anyone. Here’s a sounder photo for a tease. Can’t wait to flog it on Friday 😄. You should have seen me when I saw I didn’t have any rods onboard 🤬

Has anyone actually caught anything at West peel? I reckon the guys at the pub are ******** me.

regards,

Mick

BD648554-5996-42BD-8510-0B252C608BCD.jpeg

On 30/07/2019 at 6:54 PM, Mick Waycott said:

Well I think I may be getting a little excited with my posting but. Today I got away a little early from work and had 3 hour of free time. So what better else to do than look for some fresh ground close to the ramp. 

First stop was West Peel artificial reef as some guys at the bar reckon it is hot at the moment. I covered the distance from Raby bay boat ramp to WP in about 10 minutes are 32 knots. 

Not much showing on the sounder. They are in more water than I first though. Some in as much as 45-50ft.

Found a little more ground in another spot I ain’t telling anyone. Here’s a sounder photo for a tease. Can’t wait to flog it on Friday 😄. You should have seen me when I saw I didn’t have any rods onboard 🤬

Has anyone actually caught anything at West peel? I reckon the guys at the pub are ******** me.

regards,

Mick

BD648554-5996-42BD-8510-0B252C608BCD.jpeg

Nice sounder shot mate,  it will be interesting to see what you can catch off it .