More Snapper & Growing !!!!!!

Cobiaaddict

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

WooHoo !

A metery must be close, hopefully you can get out enough before they go off the boil.

The best ones always at night in the bay ?

Bit of both mate. Been getting them in day light. Night's, arvos & early morning.  Different spots and techniques. Last season all fish in the 7kg bracket and higher come in the day time.  This year has been mixed with 6,7 and 8kg fish coming at all times of the day

13 hours ago, Cobiaaddict said:

Bit of both mate. Been getting them in day light. Night's, arvos & early morning.  Different spots and techniques. Last season all fish in the 7kg bracket and higher come in the day time.  This year has been mixed with 6,7 and 8kg fish coming at all times of the day

Mate that is awesome. Well done. What a horse.  Any tips on how to find new ground? What to look for on sounder etc? 

1 hour ago, Cobiaaddict said:

When I had my 4m tinny I spent a lot of weekends launching from different locations to fish they bay pending wind directions & tides, So I was always driving from different angles covering lots of areas of the bay to fish Bulwer , curtain artificial, spitfire channel , Mud island etc,  then from there it was a matter of just trial and error, talking with guys at boats ramps,  using the fishing forums for info and keeping a massive excel spreadsheet of my fishing trip details on moon phases ,tides, water temps and times fish were caught for bite period times ,  

Finding new ground in the bay isn't easy, Id say a lot of luck and lot of hours returning home with donuts ,  This year is my 18th snapper season in a row and I'm finally getting results,   

I use the Boating HD app on my phone these days , Lowrance GPS for  Navionics  & a HDS9 Gen 3  sounder on my Surtees which is all standard easy to use stuff ,  The only thing I do is when I find a spot I will run over and around this spot 5 or 6 times from all angles to see if its legit or not.  From there I generally throw a bait jig on and see what baits holding in that area , from there Ill fish it for a while or ill come back at another stage when I think fish might be on the chew and see what happens

But best thing is to be on the water lots trialing different techniques to chase big fish.  

Pro tips mate thanks heaps. 

On 07/08/2019 at 9:33 AM, Cobiaaddict said:

When I had my 4m tinny I spent a lot of weekends launching from different locations to fish they bay pending wind directions & tides, So I was always driving from different angles covering lots of areas of the bay to fish Bulwer , curtain artificial, spitfire channel , Mud island etc,  then from there it was a matter of just trial and error, talking with guys at boats ramps,  using the fishing forums for info and keeping a massive excel spreadsheet of my fishing trip details on moon phases ,tides, water temps and times fish were caught for bite period times ,  

Finding new ground in the bay isn't easy, Id say a lot of luck and lot of hours returning home with donuts ,  This year is my 18th snapper season in a row and I'm finally getting results,   

I use the Boating HD app on my phone these days , Lowrance GPS for  Navionics  & a HDS9 Gen 3  sounder on my Surtees which is all standard easy to use stuff ,  The only thing I do is when I find a spot I will run over and around this spot 5 or 6 times from all angles to see if its legit or not.  From there I generally throw a bait jig on and see what baits holding in that area , from there Ill fish it for a while or ill come back at another stage when I think fish might be on the chew and see what happens

But best thing is to be on the water lots trialing different techniques to chase big fish.  

Pro tips there for sure @Cobiaaddict! 18th season...that's a massive amount of investment and shows obviously....

Sorry to muddy the post but what Surtees do you have again and why over Bar Crusher? 

I got the 575 Profisher Centre Console

I looked a the Bar Crushers, Extremes. Stabi's and every time I was just drawn back to the Surtees. Simple lay out. The Qld dealer was A1 with there service.  I also dealt with the head sales manager at Surtees in NZ that new his product and he understood the conditions Moreton bay produced and they accomodated just about every thing i asked for. 

The other dealers and brands where just too interested in getting me to sign a contract with out answering any questions