Npd11/8/19

rayke1938

Went to NPD this morning in less than ideal conditions but Mark and Gerard are sailing to the Philippians  on wednesday so this would have been the last chance to fish together for a while. The newly installed fads are starting to produce a few fish. We boated 8 bass including a 48cm bass from the fads opposite the fig tree. Here is a vidio that Tai made. Cheers Ray 

One of the advantages of NPD is that you can always find a spot out of the wind but you do have to be aware of how much reserve power you have in your batterys as it can be quite a slog having to work your way back into the wind. My boat normally does 7kph but was down to 4kph slogging back into the wind, Normally with a westerly I would have gone upstream so we had the wind assisting us on the way back to the ramp but the redclaw pots are downstream and Mark wanted some to take with him. 

If you only have a 55lb thrust motor I would not advise going out in 25knot winds as you are flat out making way into the wind mate was out on saturday with only one motor nd it took him an hour and a half to get back to the ramp from the floats.

Cheers Ray