Hammered!

Drop Bear

This is pretty cool. Sorry I can only post a link. skip forward to 38 seconds so you don't have to hear the american dude talk about himself. 

http://www.ladbible.com/news/animals-drone-footage-shows-hammerhead-sharks-hunting-six-foot-blacktip-sharks-20190730?fbclid=IwAR0FovqQMFE2jmhMVP7lYlr7lZa5gCkTp3Uz6bc37B-sWe-cinJ3dOFE-i0

50 minutes ago, Junky said:

That was awesome. 

I did not realise hammer heads get that big. 

Yep there are some cool videos from Mad Mullet of them catching some crackers land based up at Fraser. They are big and cool looking but apparently quite harmless to humans... although I am sure if you put your foot in their mouth they would be interested in having a taste. 

A lot of chasing for not much chewing to begin with and then the one that did get eaten didn’t look like it had the strength or energy to get away. I guess that reinforces the role of the sharks in cleaning up the injured and sick fish to keep the gene pool strong and help clean up the oceans.  I have seen big schools of black tips on sand flats in the Whitsundays but they were all around that 1.2 metre mark which just goes to show that things really are bigger and better in the USA.😀