Sun Care Now

Dinodadog

Great reminder @Dinodadog.  And as someone in a similar situation, can I also seriously suggest a regular full skin check (one that includes all the places you wouldn’t normally look).  I had my first basal cell carcinoma cut out when I was in my early thirties and have been going for a full check every 3 months since so we are staying on top of things a bit these days. I can also recommend the invisible zinc type potions as a more effective sun block for your face than regular sunscreens.

Stay safe everyone.

23 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

Great reminder @Dinodadog.  And as someone in a similar situation, can I also seriously suggest a regular full skin check (one that includes all the places you wouldn’t normally look).  I had my first basal cell carcinoma cut out when I was in my early thirties and have been going for a full check every 3 months since so we are staying on top of things a bit these days. I can also recommend the invisible zinc type potions as a more effective sun block for your face than regular sunscreens.

Stay safe everyone.

Do you have a brand name or more info on the Zinc type? 

Yep, very good advice Dino and Steve. I had my first BCC cut off my forehead and was meant to go back for yearly check ups but let it slip - I thought it had only been two years but went last week and got told it was 3 years so I was quite concerned given I'm a PE teacher. Luckily I got the all clear - just a couple of blotchy spots on the right side of my face (she said most people get stuff on the right side of the face due to driving for long periods without sunscreen on so there's another tip, put it on before you leave home). We've started using Clear Zinke with our boys when they're swimming, fishing or going to get hot and sweaty as it stays on better. I'm going to start using it in the hot months for teaching as it's hard to get normal stuff to stick on my face when I re-apply at 1st break.