Wind Gusting (disgusting)

Dinodadog

4.3 tinny would handle those conditions fine.

Since you can't have petrol outboards on NPD, for windy days you need to make certain your have an electric outboard with enought grunt and battery power to get around and back to the ramp.

Can't comment on eating quality as I'm a catch & release angler.

Having said that, people regularly take bass, golden perch and redclaws home to eat. It's about preparation and cooking method.

12 hours ago, Fisherman's gear said:

Nice catches Dino.

Can you eat these fish? How do they fare in the plate?

How would a 4.3 tinny handle the fresh water in a gusty day though? I have never fished fresh water myself. What's there to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

I love to eat bass. They are delicious. Favourite way to eat them is Chinese style - steamed with loads of fresh ginger and soy. top it off with shallots and some sesame oil. 

You can cook them any way you like really. light soft flesh. Beer batter is great.

In a curry you would only want to cook for a few minutes or it would all break up. 

Fresh water fishing is great too. The stocked impoundments hold good fish and fun to catch. Nice on the fishing gear too as nothing rusts like it does in the salt.