Nsw In November

Aal

Hi all,

I've got some time off first week of November, I was wondering what would you recommend to fish for that time of year, I can do anything in along the norther half of NSW coast. Driving out of Brisbane, but I do not mind a nice road trip.

Recently spent a week in Iluka which was quite nice.

What are prevalent species to target at that time of year? Whiting I suppose?

Regards,

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

HI Aal

If you haven't already, I recommend you take a holiday to Brunswick Heads. As well as vast fishing options for whiting, cod, jew, flathead, bream and luderick you can also drop your pots in. I recommend going mid year-ish, that's when I've done best anyways. The tackle shop there (Beach Bait and Tackle) is great and will get you started and tell you what's going on at the time. Try and come down when it's not so rough, then you can fish and bit more towards the river mouth and rock walls though all these fish I've mentioned are vastly populating the river... as well as the elusive mangrove jack.

Rigs could just be a running sinker to a decent shank hook, a float rig (split shots, pencils float) for luderick, an unweighted bat for jew and jacks and a paternoster rig. Use baits such as worm, prawns, mullet and pilchard pieces. If you find the right accommodation, they might even have a BBQ that you can cook your fish on outdoors (Chalet Motel 🙂) . Line is pretty standard, 10-30lb-ish mono leader on most combos.

Cheers Hamish

P.S. Sorry for the late reply, hope this still helps.