New Pb Barra

tiotony

16 minutes ago, Junky said:

FISHHH. 🥳

Was that really 6lb line? Champion effort. 

I did hear 30lb towards the end but maybe that was the leader. 

30lb leader, 6lb main; the guy was asking me how heavy my leader was. Completely need the 30lb leader for barra gill rakers and fraying from salmon.

With how little you could fit on the spool, I think you'd spool yourself just in casting out with 30lb on a 2500 size reel! 

7 hours ago, tiotony said:

30lb leader, 6lb main; the guy was asking me how heavy my leader was. Completely need the 30lb leader for barra gill rakers and fraying from salmon.

With how little you could fit on the spool, I think you'd spool yourself just in casting out with 30lb on a 2500 size reel! 

Well done. 

That is a great catch. 

I remember a vid of you last year catching them off the beach. What a rush. 

Cheers.

9 hours ago, Junky said:

Well done. 

That is a great catch. 

I remember a vid of you last year catching them off the beach. What a rush. 

Cheers.

unfortunately the 30lb leader failed me yesterday; hooked a very large king salmon and the leader parted when it jumped. Got two undersize salmon and didn't hook any barra at all.

Tried an after dark session last night at the same spot. Had about 20 mullet; all gone within an hour - landed 6 blue salmon in the 50-60cm range (kept 2 for a feed) and dropped three line screamers; all pulled hooks. Tipping big king salmon. Several mullet were hit even before I had a chance to flick the bail arm over after casting.

• 2 weeks later...